The Grand Tour Season 2

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The first episode was released last week and Amazon didn't even ping me! Episode 2 commercials showed Clarkson driving a 2017 GT in Episode 2.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Just watched it today...

Cheers,

Lance

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Watching is like fingernails on a blackboard. The car looked great and some nice in car but the show is hard to take in my opinion.
I did appreciate the comments on the Glock storage space.

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Sorry can’t watch because I can’t stand Clarkson!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Sorry can’t watch because I can’t stand Clarkson!
+1 thought it was only me.

Reactions: sr71

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I have watched the ones I have because its about cars, and in 4k. The idiots that host the show are all terrible.

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
The Grand Tour, or really anything from Clarkson, is not a place for factual information on automotive news or offerings. It is entertainment, first and only. He's got more BS to spew than a Texas stockyard. That said, season 2 (so far) is much much better than season 1 which was insufferable.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The Grand Tour, or really anything from Clarkson, is not a place for factual information on automotive news or offerings. It is entertainment, first and only. He's got more BS to spew than a Texas stockyard. That said, season 2 (so far) is much much better than season 1 which was insufferable.

I totally concur. It also applies to the Top Gear (in both Clarkson and current form). If you go into them knowing that you're going to get a look at the cars, and lots of personal opinions and fluff and absurd situations then you will not be disappointed. I mean, come on, a tunnel that is blocked and there just happens to be a mining road? - it's laughable (and it was). We were left to figure out how the Lambo got off the edge, and the whatever-it-was electric that wrecked? Was that real?

I haven't watched #2 with the FGT yet.

Last edited:

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Yes, the Hammond wreck was real. Saw it in the news this summer. The video at that time had the "same" footage with his losing control post "finish line" and taking out the guard wire, and then the car burning and burning. Plastic must burn slow....

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Watched the NGT to Niagra Falls episode. Boy that car sure photographs well.

The third episode portion about the Bugatti kind of drug out, but redeemed itself with an homage to Claude Lalouch's C'était un rendez-vous. I wonder if they dubbed the engine sound though :)

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Who's the lady track driver? Boy she's got skills.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Who's the lady track driver? Boy she's got skills.

Abbie Eaton. She's credited at the end. I'm glad they got rid of the Nascar guy. All he did was whine.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The "Jaguarrrrrs" episode was filmed in southwestern Colorado area around Telluride. The hotel stop where they lifted towels and stuff was the Gateway Canyons lodge which is John Hendricks (from Discovery and other cable channels) car museum.

http://kekbfm.com/grand-tour-filming-colorado/

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I've been critical, but I must admit that last week's episode was excellent. Clarkson did a great job of explaining the Audi - Lancia rally rivalry. Epic video. Interview with Walter Roerhl. Very cool.

Huracan Performante test drive, including a drag race with a 458.

The refueling while driving skit was pretty funny too.

Guess I'll keep watching.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've been critical, but I must admit that last week's episode was excellent. Clarkson did a great job of explaining the Audi - Lancia rally rivalry. Epic video. Interview with Walter Roerhl. Very cool.

Huracan Performante test drive, including a drag race with a 458.

The refueling while driving skit was pretty funny too.

Guess I'll keep watching.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree about the Audi/Lancia section. It was well done and except for the one little schtick at the starting line while the dust cleared, for once, not about him. Semi-documentary status. I was going to mention it and forgot but they mentioned Michele Mouton who drove the Audi Quattro several years in the Pikes Peak Hill Climb when we lived there. She got lots of press because of the car. She also got banned when she did some donuts in loose gravel.

The refueling thing was a good gag.

The Lambo/Ferrari drag race was quite a shock, but the Ferrari was a generation behind right?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
This week Clarkson and Hammond drive old Jag and Aston Martin cars. Clarkson is in a AM DB4 GT Lightweight and Hammind in a XKSS. Both are "resumption" type cars, ie, manufactured according to the old rules by the original manufacturers. Neither is street legal. They are truly eye candy. Especially the Jag. To show why old cars are old cars, May drives a new Honda Civic Type R. The trip around the banked track was awesome.

Clarkson drives the new Ford GT on the track. Just WOW!

In the battle of the stars, drummers stewart copeland from The Police and Pink Floyd's Nick Mason have their way with the Jag on their track. The better drummer wins (Mason ! )

This has some pics

https://carbuzz.com/news/the-grand-tour-tests-two-reborn-classic-sports-cars-in-episode-8

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Season 3 starts Jan 18.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
This would be their final season, right? I recall their deal with Amazon was for 3 seasons. Wonder if the ratings warrant an extension.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
They already have a deal in place for a 4th year. Only announced change for year 4 is less (possibly no) studio time... If that means more driving, all the better as far as I'm concerned!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
They already have a deal in place for a 4th year. Only announced change for year 4 is less (possibly no) studio time... If that means more driving, all the better as far as I'm concerned!

What I saw said that they were going to eliminate the tent for season 4 - Amazon can tell what people "skip" - but that they were planning for more beyond #4.

I would like to see them go back to the early days of reporting on the cars. Some of the extracurriculars are funny, like launching the shuttle, but they could do a little less of that and more on the cars. They really don't like American cars, but there are plenty to choose from now. I'd like to see them review the new GT500.