Long lost 2nd cousins??

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Picked up the s7 after a long stop in the shop. Long and short of it, car had engine rebuilt but never tuned. Was putting out 430rwhp, and dying at 5500rpm. We installed an AEM infinity, new clutch, and fixed the leaks and squeaks. Car layed down 590rwhp at 5psi with tires spinning on the dyno (old tires). I may crank it up and add intercoolers, but it drives plenty fast as is. Once I got her back to Petrol Lounge I couldnt resist snapping a pic next to her long lost 2nd cousin. Hope you enjoy! Car is a blast to drive, its like a prototype with moderately soft suspension. Had her at cota a couple months back and the steering was very heavy, we took out some camber so we shall see how she handles shortlyIMG_4459.jpgIMG_4460.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4459.jpg
    IMG_4459.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 271

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
The S7 has grown on me over the years. Several Ferrari and Lamborghini models haven’t aged well but that S7 certainly has. Like the Pantera they were never sorted out brand new but it’s certainly a car that deserves to be made right and enjoyed. I really like your red car.

Chip

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
The S7 has grown on me over the years. Several Ferrari and Lamborghini models haven’t aged well but that S7 certainly has. Like the Pantera they were never sorted out brand new but it’s certainly a car that deserves to be made right and enjoyed. I really like your red car.

Chip

Being a long time Pantera owner, I feel the pain.
However, at the days end, it can be worth the time and work.
Mark

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Gorgeous red on your Saleen. Pumping up the horsepower can only add to the 'awesomeness' (that's a word...right!?).

I saw the new Saleen 1 a couple days ago. When your eye first catches it, I thinking a slightly changed Hennessey Venom as they both are very much like a Lotus Elise from the side - http://autoweek.com/article/los-angeles-auto-show/saleen-s1-supercar-hopes-fill-niche

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
That is a baaaddd ride.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
She certainly is pretty. Putting down some strong numbers too!!

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
The Saleen S7 always looked like a real-life Hot Wheels creation. Striking back in the day, and still striking even now.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
The Saleen S7 always looked like a real-life Hot Wheels creation. Striking back in the day, and still striking even now.

That is exactly what I was thinking, while looking at those photos (Hot Wheels)! Gorgeous cars, and I don't recall ever seeing an S7 that I thought looked nearly as nice as yours does.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
...Looks like I have to visit my brother's garage again. Wow that's a great looking automobile!!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Always loved the styling on the car, and that red is really striking. Hope it gives you many miles of enjoyment.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Love that RED.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Would love to have an S7. A bucket list car for sure. I got excited when Saleen said they were bringing them back. Until I found out there were only gonna be five.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
As of September, Steve told me there were still 2 available (no idea if still the case). Problem for me is the $1m (plus I assume) entrance fee for one of them.

Would love to have an S7. A bucket list car for sure. I got excited when Saleen said they were bringing them back. Until I found out there were only gonna be five.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Beautiful car. As Chip said, they have aged well. Glad you are getting out an driving it!

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Thanks for the comments guys, fyi the red is called "signature red". They made two cars in that color, one NA one TT. The NA car was Steve Saleens, this one was the TT dev mule. And I agree with the commentary on the hot wheel type nature of the car, I call it "purely radical!" Its truly striking in person and makes f40's and the like seem pedestrian which is just unreal. The car dimensions are so wide, long, and low, it just pales nearly anything. From several of my friends who admitted they never really liked the car when it came out, when you see it in person brings it a different level in its presence and a level of excitement.

And yes Mike, I'm at your bros garage!

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX

Buy an "oldie"! Cheaper and almost the same thing, minus an ecu. NA's seem more reliable, the TT's have ecu problems from what I've heard. We put an AEM infinity in mine, plug and play no splice. I put maybe $25-30K into mine to sort it out, about a third of that was ecu and tune, a third clutch, and a third leaks and small stuff. But I had more problems than a normal car as the engine had been rebuilt to different specs without being re-tuned. It ran ok, just wasnt strong on the top end. I think if you found a TT it would probably run strong enough out the box. There was one auctioned via US marshalls just a couple months ago, black with about 1000miles. Keep an eye out I think a dealer beat me out on it. If you find one, feel free to ping me on it. I have a couple resources who can help along the way who know the cars.

Cavan

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Absolutely gorgeous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk