How many cars will be delivered in total in 2017?

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Hello Raj,

thanks for giving an update from internal perspective, very much appreciated. Especially the information about the overall production goal is encouraging for those who are looking for the 2nd application process (not gonna ask when that’s due even though it’s tempting).

Hope you have enough time to enjoy driving your GTs :driving:

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
9 European 2017 cars has been build...

Congratulations, if you are so well informed.
But, the Europeans would appreciate you sharing your informations.

- Are there any European buyers who have received their car ? In my opinion, none.
- Which European countries are the cars already manufactured for ?

Except one, the European buyers I know, tell me they will not get their car until August or September 2018.

Good news, however, obtained a few hours ago :
It seems that some of these cars "could" arrive in Europe a few weeks earlier.
A priori, no official confirmation before March.

Best regards.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
No European cars has been delivered yet, but the first batch of cars are in the UK and just about ready for customers...

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I was told today by my concierge that production speed has ramped up considerably. They have estimated my delivery to be two months sooner than what they expected back in September, 2017. I WILL have my car for the next rally, assuming Dave doesn’t schedule it for someplace like Dubai!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
How did you know where it was going to be Tim?

Ed

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
... assuming Dave doesn’t schedule it for someplace like Dubai!

Dave, let's go to Dubai! They've got a great car culture, and as long as we don't go during Ramadan (very hot, plus the fasting) it'd be great!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I got enough of the Middle East when I was there in 2004, courtesy of Uncle Sam. How about Italy? Or somewhere closer to home--Mexico?

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Remember --- "the location of the next Rally is a secret.... you never know where it will be..."

andy (ajb)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Sadly the accelerated rate doesn't seem to be moving European builds forwards, if anything things seem to be slowing. Is there a European specific issue?

European Gentlemen,

I can probably guess (because I don't know), but YES, there is a European specific issue. And that issue is.......that you are all the way frigging over in Europe! This new Ford GT is a really complicated, brand new, super high tech, whiz bang Supercar and the early cars are probably going to need some attention that is harder to deliver if the cars are 8000 miles away on another continent. Many of the very first GT's were delivered to the Detroit area and very early owners are predominately dyed in the wool Ford loyal buyers who know the score and still wanted an early GT. That includes me. In my case my GT has been damn near perfect but not all have been. Cars that needed attention have received it and were made right and that's easier if they are close to Multimatic or a very well trained dealer. Is it really surprising that early GT's are not being shipped to far flung locations? Is it not surprising that 2nd year cars of any make or model will have fewer problems than first year cars?

Perhaps I'm all wet and my hypothesis is way off base but I doubt it. Brian put it best in post #59, relax and enjoy the ride. I would add, count your blessings, the new GT is amazing.

Chip

Last edited:

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I was told today by my concierge that production speed has ramped up considerably. They have estimated my delivery to be two months sooner than what they expected back in September, 2017. I WILL have my car for the next rally, assuming Dave doesn’t schedule it for someplace like Dubai!

Great news!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Chip.... yes.
andy (ajb)

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
What, exactly, are they nervous about? If anyone in line for a new GT is anything besides overjoyed, they should step aside and let someone who will not be nervous take their place.

I'm not nervous and my hand is up.:cheers

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
I usually refrain from commenting and the Ford Communications team will hate that I’m doing this but I can’t help but make a couple of clarifying comments:

1. You are correct that corporate accounting is very strict but just for everyone’s full understanding - Ford Motor Company sells vehicles to our dealers, therefore the company accounts for vehicle sales revenue when units are released to our dealers. This is often referred to as wholesale. Reported wholesale revenue methodology varies by country, export/import laws, joint ventures, contract manufacturing and shipment method but typically, as far as manufacturer accounting, is concerned, vehicles in transit are accounted for as sold. This would include released vehicles in our logistics systems awaiting shipment. For the GT, there is the added complexity of Multimatic releasing to Ford and Ford then releasing to the dealer. These sales are reported in our corporate financials and are the primary revenue source of Ford Motor Company, and therefore accounting rules are strictly followed.

2. Publicly provided automotive sales reports are based on dealer sales to customers and are primarily self reported by the dealers through various systems. This methodology also varies by country, type of sale, manufacturer, etc. and typically have some sort of lag. The quantity of vehicles and time between a manufacturer selling to the dealer and the dealer showing as sold to a customer is measured in multiple ways (dealer inventory/days to turn/days supply, etc.). These numbers are watched very closely by the industry, media and analysts. There is a whole cottage industry dedicated to this including trying to back into production and sales numbers by talking to suppliers, dealers, counting vehicle registrations, etc. The GT dealer inventory and days to turn is extremely low but all of these factors still apply and the difference between GT’s produced/released/sold is especially influenced by vehicles awaiting or in transit to dealers/customers.

3. The systems producing the data that you are looking at are designed for much higher volumes. They are more than robust for corporate financials, less so sometimes for industry analysis, but definitely not suited to track individual unit production and sale. For reference, in 2016 these systems tracked 6.651 million vehicles just for Ford Motor Company wholesales.

4. The sales reports that you are referring to are U.S. dealer sales only and don’t capture global sales or vehicles produced for company inventory.

Due to all of the above, it is pointless to try to back into any meaningful assessment of overall GT production from these reports.

Therefore, let me answer a couple of questions:

1. Are we behind the original production schedule?
Yes. We don’t release detailed production schedules and the plan was never for 250 units in the first year, but we have acknowledged that we are behind our original schedule and that is why we have notified and sincerely apologized to our affected customers for the delay.

2. Are we building 5 per week now?
Yes.

3. Can we build significantly faster then 5 per week?
No. There will be natural ups and downs any in low volume production program and we will build as fast as we can, but maintaining quality is our first priority.

4. Due to the delay, will we cease production at less than 1000 vehicles?
No.

Those directly affected can call their concierge for more information about their specific order. I hope this answers the high level questions and it is as much detail as I plan to go into. Thanks for your interest and support of the Ford GT!

Would suit me fine to get # 1000 NFGT produced

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
European Gentlemen,

I can probably guess (because I don't know), but YES, there is a European specific issue. And that issue is.......that you are all the way frigging over in Europe! This new Ford GT is a really complicated, brand new, super high tech, whiz bang Supercar and the early cars are probably going to need some attention that is harder to deliver if the cars are 8000 miles away on another continent. Many of the very first GT's were delivered to the Detroit area and very early owners are predominately dyed in the wool Ford loyal buyers who know the score and still wanted an early GT. That includes me. In my case my GT has been damn near perfect but not all have been. Cars that needed attention have received it and were made right and that's easier if they are close to Multimatic or a very well trained dealer. Is it really surprising that early GT's are not being shipped to far flung locations? Is it not surprising that 2nd year cars of any make or model will have fewer problems than first year cars?

Perhaps I'm all wet and my hypothesis is way off base but I doubt it. Brian put it best in post #59, relax and enjoy the ride. I would add, count your blessings, the new GT is amazing.

Chip

Hello Chip.

What you write is very logical.
From the beginning, I think, and many Europeans in my group think like you.
Although it is not pleasant to wait, we know that such a complex machine is difficult to develop, and that we have no interest in receiving the first models.
With the acceleration of production, the arrival of the first cars in Europe is near.
That's excellent news.

Best regards from France.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm happy taking one og the first European cars and being the guinia pig:)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Delivered this morning in the UK. Great combo too.

DTQW3cRW4AAuX5z.jpg

DTQW5MEX0AEA9Ot.jpg

DTQW54yXUAAn2mv.jpg

DTQW4atW0AAhJq-.jpg

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Great color! What color is it called?

Ed

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
pretty sure that is 'liquid gray'.
one of the three (3) 'liquid' colors.
andy (ajb)

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Anyone who has spent more than 5 minutes with me knows I'm too stoked to be nervous. This is an experience I doubt I will ever get again in my life and I intend to enjoy every minute of it. It will happen in the time it happens. Happy New Year Raj! Thanks for checking in on us and hope to see you soon!

Vince H

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Anyone who has spent more than 5 minutes with me knows I'm too stoked to be nervous. This is an experience I doubt I will ever get again in my life and I intend to enjoy every minute of it. It will happen in the time it happens. Happy New Year Raj! Thanks for checking in on us and hope to see you soon!

Vince H

Vince,

Perhaps there is somebody more enthusiastic than you about getting a new GT, but I can’t think of who that would be.

Chip