Windshield Replacement

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
If I recall, the one fender needs to come off to replace/service the battery too.
Ajb (andy)

Huh? I am guessing you are joking?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No he is not joking. The battery is tucked way down under the right front fender.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Ah, I see this is about the NFGT even though we are under the 05/06 heading.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Reminds me of the 1984-92 (?) Corvette, but the back fender panel beside the battery is removable to facilitate getting the battery out.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Reminds me of the 1984-92 (?) Corvette, but the back fender panel beside the battery is removable to facilitate getting the battery out.

Vipers as well!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Beetle. Lift the rear seat cushion and pull the battery up by the cables as it dangles through the rusted out hole in the floor.

Honest to god true story. Way back in the day, a friend had a beetle that was really beat. Sagging everywhere, including the rear seat. One night, we were on a bumpy road with two people in the back seat. As we bounced along, we kept hearing a "zzzt...zzzt...zzzt" and the lights would dim as we hit a bump. After a while, we smelled smoke. Turned out bare metal seat frame/springs was shorting across the battery posts. Had a little welder going on. I'll bet that was not terribly uncommon.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
If I recall, the one fender needs to come off to replace/service the battery too.
Ajb (andy)

??? What you talkin about Willis ??

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The battery for the new 2017 + GT is accessible from underneath the car.. no fenders need to be removed. Only the front belly Pan..

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Brian....
wow -- thanks for the clarification...... certainly you would know !

Much rather take off belly pans than removing 'fit and finish class A panels' (fenders)

andy (ajb)