Ouch! But deserved...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Interesting facts. However I remember one lawyer saying don't confuse justice with the law.

Should Cena have sold the car before the 2 years, no. Which way the courts decide who knows.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I hope the tool gets his lunch handed to him.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
SOP to file for summary judgement, almost never granted. This guy will spend all his profit on legal fees if Ford has any sense - they can fight him for a lot longer than he can fight them!

JCO1966

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 22, 2006
Greenville SC
Did anyone find out how much he sold it for. I heard a lot of different numbers.

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Let me see...I signed my name on the dotted line stating that I would not sell for 2 years. I'm a pro wrestler telling youngsters to keep their word, eat their cereal do what your mom and dad tell you, I'm a character of good Morals but F'm I'm famous and can do what I want...John C your such a stand up guy.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I was quite proud of Ford in their attempt to put the car in the hands of true enthusiasts and prevent the type of cold profiteering Cena has demonstrated. For the most part their effort has been successful, having heard of no other sales ( other than Ron Pratt's car donated to charity for sale at Barrett-Jackson, a win for the charity, for Ford, and goodwill for Mr. Pratt.). Personally I would not buy a NFGT from anyone selling in violation of the contract terms. Matter of integrity, not legality. Nor would I respect anyone who did. That simple. Thank you Ford.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
In taking my 06 GT to numerous car shows, frequently discussions occurred about Ford's allocation process for the new GT. Many thought it was favoritism but as I explained some of the criteria...how many miles on your gt, car shows, charity events, have you had it on the track, etc...attitudes changed as they realized Ford's aim was to get the car to people who would appreciate it. not just resell at a profit. Yay Ford.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I was quite proud of Ford in their attempt to put the car in the hands of true enthusiasts and prevent the type of cold profiteering Cena has demonstrated. For the most part their effort has been successful, having heard of no other sales ( other than Ron Pratt's car donated to charity for sale at Barrett-Jackson, a win for the charity, for Ford, and goodwill for Mr. Pratt.). Personally I would not buy a NFGT from anyone selling in violation of the contract terms. Matter of integrity, not legality. Nor would I respect anyone who did. That simple. Thank you Ford.
Didn’t another one get sold last year, in Florida?

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
I know of two that are being offered for sale even after the whole Cena thing.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Look, there's a million brokers offering cars that may or may not exist or that they've heard a guy is ordering on a hope and a prayer of middle-manning a car that may or may not come to fruition.

If a guy has a car and has offered you his car for sale, and it's not hearsay but first hand experience, feel free to post it. Like a screenshot of the details with the exact communication and the exact individual offering the car for immediate sale and transfer. Otherwise brokers and dealers offering cars aren't worth the 1s and 0s the information is transmitted via.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Look, there's a million brokers offering cars that may or may not exist or that they've heard a guy is ordering on a hope and a prayer of middle-manning a car that may or may not come to fruition.

If a guy has a car and has offered you his car for sale, and it's not hearsay but first hand experience, feel free to post it. Like a screenshot of the details with the exact communication and the exact individual offering the car for immediate sale and transfer. Otherwise brokers and dealers offering cars aren't worth the 1s and 0s the information is transmitted via.
First Hand,they are out there.My thinking is they will get caught all on their own.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
First Hand,they are out there.My thinking is they will get caught all on their own.

So why not post it? Send it to me and I’ll post it.

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Dilly, Dilly...Lets see the info. DBK is right...Let's see it....

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
First Hand,they are out there. My thinking is they will get caught all on their own.

Screw that. Post it......or just forward it to - chipbeck@aol.com

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
My thing is we can endlessly do the "I heard about a car for sale" thing. I'm sure there are people shopping their cars, but from here on out, unless you're willing to post proof, it's just a rumor that is in no way productive to people that actually care about owning the cars. There are some idiots out there that have been less than discreet shopping their cars and have subsequently had their allocations terminated.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
That's great to hear... Those of us that want to buy and keep the car forever may now be moving up the schedule a bit :)

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
That's great to hear... Those of us that want to buy and keep the car forever may now be moving up the schedule a bit :)

Exactly.

Vince H

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
It's really too bad that a purchase that should be nothing but fun (except writing the checks for "two easy payments") devolves into all this nonsense because people won't play it straight.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Wasn’t this thread supposed to die a while back? Nothing good is going to come from rehashing the Cena thing and all the he said she said stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
There are some idiots out there that have been less than discreet shopping their cars and have subsequently had their allocations terminated.

Me. Me. Me. I'll take their allocation!