Ouch! But deserved...

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Sorry I only read the first 2 pages. I saw him in a video last week talking about his cars saying he was getting a NFG. Even before seeing this and I thought to myself how is this tool getting one, My GT has 32000 miles. I drive the doors off it. I am an a true ford fan over the last 38 years. I had an new pace car in 1979. a Pinto (that alone should qualify me) a SVO 4 banger turbo. Mustang drag car etc.... I was just pissed he got one and then I see this. go figure.

Ps
Ford, Make as many NFGTs for every Currant owner of a Ford GT that has more than 5000 miles and who wants one. Problem solved. We are the ambassadors not these clowns.

Last edited:

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Yes, what he said! Let’s raise the GT mileage to 15000 as a threshold. I’m still hoping for an allocation!!

GTED

Sorry I only read the first 2 pages. I saw him in a video last week talking about his cars saying he was getting a NFG. Even before seeing this and I thought to myself how is this tool getting one, My GT has 32000 miles. I drive the doors off it. I am an a true ford fan over the last 38 years. I had an new pace car in 1979. a Pinto (that alone should qualify me) a SVO 4 banger turbo. Mustang drag car etc.... I was just pissed he got one and then I see this. go figure.

Ps
Ford, Make as many NFGTs for every Currant owner of a Ford GT that has more than 5000 miles and who wants one. Problem solved. We are the ambassadors not these clowns.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Yes, what he said! Let’s raise the GT mileage to 15000 as a threshold. I’m still hoping for an allocation!!

GTED
Or a threshold of more than 7 years of current GT ownership

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA

Ps

Props to this post.

Your self-description sounds pretty much like me- except I have never had a Pinto!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Sure it was mentioned earlier. Probably often, I haven't followed all the NFGT threads.

What about a 2 year lease with an option to buy at the end for $1 (still using the selection criteria they have been using) or something of that nature?

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Or a threshold of more than 7 years of current GT ownership
Or original owners with more than 30,000 miles!

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
Doubtful he'll be talking cars, but as an FYI I see that Cena will be on the Tonight Show tomorrow (Wed. night).

JCO1966

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 22, 2006
Greenville SC
So not to drag this thread out but I spoke to a friend who knows the guy ( a dealer) who bought the car from Cena. Sounds like Cena made a couple hundred grand and the dealer made more than that! I heard the final price was a little over one million. So not only is Cena crazy for selling the car but he is an idiot as well for not figuring out he could have gotten a lot more for the car!

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
lol, I bet the numbers were considerably higher than that.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
lol, I bet the numbers were considerably higher than that.

Since the lawsuit was filed, I'm sure the story is that he lost money on the deal. :lol

Last edited:

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Just my take, but the longer Cena and any other instances like this are a topic, the less likely regular GT dudes are to get cars in the future. You may intuitively think it's the reverse, but I'm not gonna write an explainer on it, so I'm sure people can work it out.
Agreed 100%

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Got it!!!

You are one of the few. Listen to DBK. Let this thread die.

Ed

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
So not to drag this thread out but I spoke to a friend who knows the guy ( a dealer) who bought the car from Cena. Sounds like Cena made a couple hundred grand and the dealer made more than that! I heard the final price was a little over one million. So not only is Cena crazy for selling the car but he is an idiot as well for not figuring out he could have gotten a lot more for the car!

Sorry, that story is wrong. I'm sure they are tailoring the story now, but I know exactly what was said by the seller regarding sale price before the shit storm erupted, and that ain't it.

JCO1966

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 22, 2006
Greenville SC
I thought it sounded a little low!! Thanks DBK

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

A weak attempt to mitigate damages to himself? He's gonna' hate the Discovery Process. :facepalm:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Knew it was coming.

So before you sell your GT early, decide if you want your name dragged through the court system and a nice big legal bill.

OOPS, I actually met the folks who purchased his car. Can't say who, but you may see it show up somewhere soon.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
John Draneas, the “collector car attorney”, has an article in SCM about this whole deal. “Legal Files”, Feb 2018 edition.

Last edited:

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA