Mini lithium ion jump starter

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
A few weeks ago we discussed towing and other emergency procedures for the 2017 GT. The issue of dead battery, parking brake release was discussed. Yesterday at Walmart I found a small lithium ion jump starter/power pack. $69.97 made by Schumacher.
The size is what intrigued me. Only 7.5 inch by 3.5 inch by 1.25 inch thick. Small pouch with short alligator clamps to attach to our posts.
Model SL1315.
It says it can jumpstart V-8 engines and rechargeable thru a USB.
I plan to keep it along with the air compressor in the engine bay "trunk".
Andy (ajb)

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Brian and Amy saved me on the first Lemans trip when my car showed up with a dead battery! It was about the size you are describing. I will have to check it out.

Larry Coe

GT Owner
Aug 1, 2016
Boca Raton, FL
It works great....

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
i bought one but it did not work very well for me....

PDiddy

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2017
A few weeks ago we discussed towing and other emergency procedures for the 2017 GT. The issue of dead battery, parking brake release was discussed. Yesterday at Walmart I found a small lithium ion jump starter/power pack. $69.97 made by Schumacher.
The size is what intrigued me. Only 7.5 inch by 3.5 inch by 1.25 inch thick. Small pouch with short alligator clamps to attach to our posts.
Model SL1315.
It says it can jumpstart V-8 engines and rechargeable thru a USB.
I plan to keep it along with the air compressor in the engine bay "trunk".
Andy (ajb)

Do You have the model # of unit?

Thanks!

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Model SL1315.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Soroush...
I already purchased the unit model SL1315.
What in particular was the issue you had ?
(since it may not be used (hopefully never on the new GT) very often)
andy (ajb)

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
I keep one of these (similar) in every car for dead batteries. Charge lasts about 2 years. Cheaper on AMZN.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J5G8PHY

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Soroush...
I already purchased the unit model SL1315.
What in particular was the issue you had ?
(since it may not be used (hopefully never on the new GT) very often)
andy (ajb)

Andy I bought it online thinking it would be a great addition to have in my old mustang just incase,,, when the battery in my mustang went low I tried it and it wouldn't start or even turn the engine (the unit was fully charged) I just went and got my old school battery jumper box and it fired right up.. so I wouldn't want to rely on this in case of an emergency

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
i bought one but it did not work very well for me....

Similar experience with an Antigravity Batteries jump starter. Just replaced that with one from NOCO that seems to be much better quality.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I just don't see how these things can work reliably. They are a 12 Amp hour battery with a high discharge capacity but look like they can only work jumping a weak and not dead battery. Without the original car battery assisting, there is no way the LIon battery is going to crank an engine. Just disconnect the car battery and try to turn the engine over with the LIon battery. Won't happen. Watch out for flames too.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Yeah, I have the micro start XP-10 and the thing is a rockstar. I have jumped many vehicles with it at work including a diesel bucket truck in about 20 degree weather. Over the past 2 years, I have probably jumped 10-15 vehicles ( including shawn’s ) as well as misc. recreational stuff.

True story:

A couple years ago I was driving an explorer in NM and got caught in a crazy flood in the mountains. Water was up to my knees with about 2 feet of water in the vehicle with the engine half under water. After about 2 hours of the truck sitting in water, I got it pulled out and let it sit for a while. Because the electronics were going crazy (windows going up and down, radio turning on and off, tailgate opening and closing, etc, the truck was completely dead. I had my charger with me so I hooked it up (while the rancher who saved me was laughing his ass off at the tiny thing) turned the key, and bam, started like it was on steroids while shooting about a 10’ stream of water out of the exhaust. After that, I was sold.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Explorer:

F5B0B887-282A-4454-99A4-8A47AD44043E.jpg

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I bought several of these for my family. So far they have worked great!

Rockford Consumer Products Portable Power Source/Mini Jump Starter

https://www.jbtoolsales.com/rockfor...XrrbEP7wtwbJs3bM1H6-0bVHDmKxeB0RoCRxIQAvD_BwE

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
The Schumacher unit was $69.97 at Walmart . Model SL1315
--Battery life... 1000 cycles, Lithium polymer
--Cranking current 800A peak, 400A start
--operating temp -4 Degree F to 140 Degree F
It is In its "little pouch," in the Engine Compartment trunk of the 2017 Ford GT... !
andy (ajb)