Another Really nice touch

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Received my aluminum box and book and Bill Ford letter on Saturday. Very cool.!!
Brian....My signature page also shows the White no-strip vehicle..so I assume all the books are the same.

andy (ajb)

First class all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I was happily surprised today when mine arrived. Very nice touch for sure!

Bakaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 8, 2017
So what is this? A replacement for the black box with the color chips or a new thing as well as? I’ve placed my order and paid my deposit but haven’t received a black box or anything else. I did get some very special treatment while I was in Detroit early in the year so I’m not complaining, but I do want all these awesome things that tell the story of the GT!

Last edited by a moderator:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
^^^ Welcome, your 1st post. I have a feeling you will get all of the items we have gotten. Seems like for many things have happened a bit out of order (color selection kits come after ordering for instance). If you are wondering about the delivery of these items, perhaps give your concierge a call. They might be able to give you an estimate.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I got my book yesterday. Pleasantly surprised, as my build spot is still quite far away

Some great swag!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Got my book Monday! That and the CF ordering kit...things are gettin' real now!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
So what is this? A replacement for the black box with the color chips or a new thing as well as? I’ve placed my order and paid my deposit but haven’t received a black box or anything else. I did get some very special treatment while I was in Detroit early in the year so I’m not complaining, but I do want all these awesome things that tell the story of the GT!

Bakaz,

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on your getting a new GT allocation. The book is in addition to the color chip CF case and you’ll get both. Where do you live and tell us about your GT order.

Chip

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
..and as the book emphasizes, THE FOCAL POINT TO ALL OF THIS... AND THE CAR SERVICE AFTER DELIVERY ETC ...IS YOUR FORD GT CONCIERGE !!

CALL THEM PERSONALLY, CONTACT THEM THRU THE FORD GT CONCIERGE EMAIL . THEY TYPICALLY RESPOND IN 24 -48 HOURS.

If not , call and email again !! The world does not always come to your doorstep !!
andy (ajb)

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
My package arrived yesterday. Made mine and Susan's day. Better believe it will be making it to the Thanksgiving family gathering so everyone can check it out. I'm going to enjoy every minute of this because I know this is a once and a life time experience.

Vince H

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
As an FYI, the black thing with the "GT" logo is a folder. I thought is was packing material on top of the book. Took 3 times looking to realize this (and a phone call from Vince H)

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
As an FYI, the black thing with the "GT" logo is a folder. I thought is was packing material on top of the book. Took 3 times looking to realize this (and a phone call from Vince H)

Let this act as official record that I, Vince Hott, finally knew more about a GT related subject than Specracer. This will never happen again .. .. .. .. It's going to be a good day.

Vince Hott

Last edited:

Bakaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 8, 2017
Bakaz,

Welcome to the Forum Nd congratulations on your getting a new GT allocation. The book is in addition to the color chip CF case and you’ll get both. Where do you live and tell us about your GT order.

Chip

Thanks Chip.

I live in New Zealand, one of two coming down here. I placed my order in June with freeze date in August but this was pushed back to early November, was really keen on a 2017 heritage especially with the NZ connection to the car but by that stage none were available. They offered me an 18 heritage but really wanted black, so ended up going with gloss black car with exposed carbon fibre and carbon wheels in matte, titanium exhaust and nuts, leather steering wheel, Dark energy upgrade interior, read callipers and harness brackets.

Delivery is expended in Feb-March 2018 (in LA not NZ) its going to be a tough few months as I’m already struggling to sleep………….

Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Great spec choice. Congrats and welcome.

Vince H

Thanks Chip.

I live in New Zealand, one of two coming down here. I placed my order in June, was really keen on a 2017 heritage especially with the NZ connection to the car but by that stage none were available. They offered me an 18 heritage but really wanted black, so ended up going with gloss black car with exposed carbon fibre and carbon wheels in matte, titanium exhaust and nuts, leather steering wheel, Dark energy upgrade interior, read callipers and harness brackets.

Delivery is expended in Feb-March 2018 (in LA not NZ) its going to be a tough few months as I’m already struggling to sleep………….

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Letter and book in aluminum container/box arrived today.
Very nice presentation.

EXCITED !!

:huge:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
...I live in New Zealand, one of two coming down here...QUOTE]

Welcome to the best forum in the world Bakaz! Will your NGT be a right hand drive?

Ed

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thanks Chip.

I live in New Zealand, one of two coming down here. I placed my order in June with freeze date in August but this was pushed back to early November, was really keen on a 2017 heritage especially with the NZ connection to the car but by that stage none were available. They offered me an 18 heritage but really wanted black, so ended up going with gloss black car with exposed carbon fibre and carbon wheels in matte, titanium exhaust and nuts, leather steering wheel, Dark energy upgrade interior, read callipers and harness brackets.

Well that’s pretty exciting. With only two NFGT’s down there are you concerned about getting adequate service? My son Charley and I were down there for a few weeks last summer and we had a blast. Love NZ. It’s the friendliest place I’ve ever been to.

Chip

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
One of our Forum members & a neighbor of mine moved to NZ 9 years ago. He took his '05-06 GT & had 2 years to convert it to right drive or park it. Is that still the case?

Ed

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Mine came today!! Very cool.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
One of our Forum members & a neighbor of mine moved to NZ 9 years ago. He took his '05-06 GT & had 2 years to convert it to right drive or park it. Is that still the case?

Ed

Australia doesn’t allow left hand drive cars but I saw quite a few in New Zealand. The GT’s converted to right hand drive in Australia were amazingly well done. Must have cost a fortune.

Chip

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Had a surprise waiting for us today! Thanks to all of you at Ford! Humbling experience continues!!

Attachments

• 3A2F3797-51A2-4373-9264-A7D35EF2E7FD.jpg
    3A2F3797-51A2-4373-9264-A7D35EF2E7FD.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 113