Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GT Owner

I'm sure this will surprise NO ONE, I have every piece of Sparco gear.

Chip very impressive! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by ChipBeck View Post
    Gentlemen,

At the 24 Hours of Daytona in 2016 after making note of the really cool Sparco fire suits the drivers were wearing I told DBK that I'd love to have that exact suit with all of the logos. He told me that was probably impossible and that they were very expensive. I considered trying to have one made myself but gave up that idea. I was surprised and happy to learn that IF one had a NFGT allocation they could order the suit, helmet, and other gear. After Le Mans in 2016 I wanted one of the custom Ford GT watches that Bill Ford gave out to a few team members and I'm happy to know that there will be an exclusive watch for NFGT owners as well.

I now have all of the Sparco gear and the suit and helmet are works of art worthy of being put on display. I bought two of everything. One set with "Chip Beck" on it to use and another set with "H034" on it to keep brand new to pass on to Charley or whoever the next caretaker is after I'm dead. The Sparco suit fits me perfectly and it's a lot cooler and more comfortable than the Simpson suit I've been wearing at track days and at the Mile.

Like the owner watch this gear is only available to the 750 people with an allocation and I view it as an essential part of these very rare and special cars. Even if you never intend to wear the suit or helmet I'd order one to put away or display (order it in Joey Hand's size if you just want to display it). I'm going to order that owner watch with a Speed Yellow face but I'll probably never wear it. It just needs to be with the car as well. That CF helmet looks killer sitting in my home office. I will display the folded driving suit on the dash of my GT at auto shows.

I don't give a damn what my new GT is worth as it's priceless to me. But someday somebody will care and I think this Sparco gear matched to your GT will make your car more desirable. Yeah it's expensive but I think that owners who pass on it are making a mistake. At least that's my take on it. All the best.

Chip
    ICONIC GT
    Doug Jensen

2005 Quicksilver GT #1377
    2018 Raptor
    2017 F-250 King Ranch
    2016 F350 Platinum

Gentlemen,

Interesting that this thread popped back up as I was talking to Fred at Sparco yesterday. Heís in Scottsdale today and Iím meeting with him to talk about another very cool item thatís on the horizon. Once itís 100% a go Iíll post it up here. Cheers.

Chip
    The road to hell on earth is paved with the good intentions of liberals.

LeMans-'10,'16,'17,'16,'19, '16 LeMans Road Rally, All 13 Rallies, Indy '07, Rally to the Rally-'07,'08,'09,'10,'12,'16, All 12 Barrett-Jackson GT Owner Events, Texas Mile-'09, '10, '11 (220.1 MPH), Mojave Speed Day, Mojave Mile '12,'13, Matech and Robertson Racing LeMans Sponsor.
    2017 GT H034, 2006 GT Y0589

Default Incoming

Gentlemen,

This morning I spent a couple hours with Fred Nader of Sparco North America and we discussed a few new GT owner items, one in particular that’s going to blow your mind when you see it. I didn’t know till yesterday that Fred and his wife have a winter condo here in Scottsdale and they come out often. I picked him up in my GT and over coffee I learned all kinds of info about our cars and Sparco’s roll as a supplier of components and engineering including the entire seat assembly in both the new and ‘05-‘06 GT’s. Fred is a genuine GT enthusiast and was very dialed in to new features and items that GT owners would use and enjoy. Hopefully within a couple weeks I’ll be able to post up some more details. All the best.

Chip
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    The road to hell on earth is paved with the good intentions of liberals.

LeMans-'10,'16,'17,'16,'19, '16 LeMans Road Rally, All 13 Rallies, Indy '07, Rally to the Rally-'07,'08,'09,'10,'12,'16, All 12 Barrett-Jackson GT Owner Events, Texas Mile-'09, '10, '11 (220.1 MPH), Mojave Speed Day, Mojave Mile '12,'13, Matech and Robertson Racing LeMans Sponsor.
    2017 GT H034, 2006 GT Y0589

GT Owner

I was SUPER lucky to have found this on E-bay... you never know what can pop up.

So I now have 2 FGT Sparco suits.
    Attached Images Attached Images