roadsterhero.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
I want to know how it goes around a track. It clearly has straight line covered.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
The design does not do much for me but the numbers are impressive.

Vince H

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
reminds me a little of the rx8

if it doesn't run out of battery every time you nail it then the numbers it will put down will be a game changer.

too bad with all the design freedom an electric provides they can't seem to make one that looks good. Although that may be a philosophical issue with them and not esthetic one.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
What is the difference between his batteries and the solid state ones Fisker just talked about? I get the chemical make up, but what about size, cost of manufacture, safety and stability, etc. We are lucky to see this unfold, and if the solid state battery is quick charging and safe, why couldn't it be in most every non high density home in the world, effectively eliminating the grid issues that supposedly are in front of us? As a side note, having made many passes in excess of 8.90 in the quarter, if that car does accelerate that hard, there will be tons of loss of control accidents.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I look at it and...... yawn.

andy (ajb)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Tesla is a dead man walking. Better than 50% chance that that 2+2 never sees production. The real ludicrous thing is that so many people think it's possible to make a large scale switch from gasoline to electricity. Can't happen. Period, next case, the end. The power plant infrastructure necessary to charge even 20% of America's auto fleet isn't politically or physically possible and may never be.

Chip

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I’m so bias as to the Tesla program, I won’t even comment! Eli Musk will not win trying to do away with the Franchise System in The US!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The design clearly doesn’t do it for me
The performance however is staggering but I’ll take my slow Ford GT over driving that any day!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Anything to distract from the Model 3.

Musk is a master of deflecting from the present by drenching his followers in Kool Aid for tomorrow. "Gimme $50k today and I'll probably give you a car for an extra $200k in 3 years! Or you can be really awesome and just give me the full $250k today and you'll get one of the very limited 1000 super special editions." :lol Seriously, who is dumb enough to believe this shit?

Semis, sports cars...whatever we can do to avoid talking about what we can't even build today. Keep in mind, Musk was teasing the return of the roadster by 2014 in the year 2011! We're only 6 years from that date, so surely the next 3 year return date will come on time...

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I agree... ALL of his attention right now should be on the Model 3... not new product!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

The astounding thing about that video is the grown men excitedly shrieking like teenage girls when the Beatles first came to America. They are panting and breathless. WTF?!?!? Most of those men creaming their shorts probably don’t have anywhere near $250K to buy that hyper golf cart in the unlikely event it is ever built.

Chip

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
sadly the stock market loves Tesla... and hates Ford.
andy (ajb)

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Con artist.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Seeing as how they already have a functioning prototype, I would guess the chances of it going into production are better than many expect. The question is what are Ferrari, Lamborghini, and McLaren going to do about it.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
My simple thought...

WHO CARES???!!!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bob Lutz had a good interview regarding Tesla. It was aired yesterday if any one can post a link...
He says they will soon be out of business.
andy (ajb)

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
My simple thought...

WHO CARES???!!!

My thoughts... Rewind the clock back 40 years and remember when most V8s were making 140 HP due to emissions and the speedometers had the 55 circled for the “national speed limit.” I am so happy now to see cars being built with passion again and welcome the rivalry from automakers, especially new ones challenging the status quo. It will only lead to wonderful new designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Bob Lutz had a good interview regarding Tesla. It was aired yesterday if any one can post a link...
He says they will soon be out of business.
andy (ajb)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...xec-bob-lutz/ar-BBF6tAR?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
You must admit the marketing folks are near geniuses (any of the e-cars), they got most believing that an e-car is more enviro friendly then a combustion car, what about the non-enviro friendliness of the factories producing/recycling the e-car? Eating carrots does not help you see better in the dark :lol :lol :lol

Carrot IMG_0409.jpg