250+ mph TESLA Roadster

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Not sure if sarcasm.

Somewhere there is a parchment blog saying the same about horses and a cave drawing about rabbit sole shoes.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Sorry, a bit of sarcasm. But seriously, the word "sustainable" has been misused by so many for so long, that I think it has lost its meaning. As Hemingway supposedly said, "words lose their meaning through loose usage." Nothing is sustainable if you run the timeline out far enough, and anything is sustainable
for short periods. "Renewable" is another such word, and don't even get me started on "natural" (as opposed to what--supernatural?). Okay, off my grammar nazi soapbox.

Someone on the Forum has or had a by-line that said (more or less), "the oil age will end long before we run out of oil, just like the Stone Age ended long before we ran out of stone." Whatever energy and other resources we use now will continue for a long time, and overlap whatever new resources we discover or create, as the old becomes less economically attractive and the new becomes more so. Thus, it doesn't matter whether any resource is sustainable. When it becomes uneconomical, we will replace it with something else. Always have, always will. It's what we do.

Last edited:

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Here is an interesting factoid. I was watching a program that said our seas were 300ft lower 14,000 years ago. That is a .25 inch rise each year for 14,000 years. The dems, etc. have been bitching about all the bad stuff we have been doing to cause global warming and the result is the sea is rising about .25 inches a year. So what were our ancestors doing all that time before we stared helping? Or is .25 inch rise inevitable and all their squawking just BS? We are entering a new ice age which should reverse the present effect. Will they notice? Probably not as it will be a 15,000 year cycle or so.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
There is only one long-term trend in the planet's climate: Ice ages, more of them, and longer.

At least that's been the trend for the last couple million years. Maybe it's too early to tell. :wink

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The climate change movement has nothing to do with Climate Change. It is about wealth redistribution and the growth of Government.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Welp, there will be one less Tesla on the planet... or little pieces of one all over Florida.

EM.jpg

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Welp, there will be one less Tesla on the planet... or little pieces of one all over Florida.

View attachment 48967

When it reaches Mars, it will have traveled 33.9 million miles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
http://www.chicagotribune.com/class...111-model-3-delayed-again-20180109-story.html

After the original delays, it was supposed to be 5,000 units per week at the end of last month. Then in November, less than 60 days ago, it was gonna be 5,000 per week at the end of March. Now it's gonna be 5,000 per week at "the end of June." Oh man, I'm just shocked at this development.

I'm old enough to remember a few weeks ago when the shares slid after an analyst slashed Q4 Model 3 estimates from 15,000 to 5,000. I guess he was really optimistic. It actually ended up being 1,550. So far, since they began deliveries in July 2017 they've delivered 1,770.

So ridiculous.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Over promise and under deliver is his routine, not to mention a lost satellite.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
..and I think we paid for that satellite !
andy (ajb)

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
I don't think it was "lost"... :wink

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
The climate change movement has nothing to do with Climate Change. It is about wealth redistribution and the growth of Government.

+1