Experienced A/C service in Phoenix-Chandler area.

dtomaso1

GT Owner
Dec 6, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Any recommendation for a trustworthy dependable AC service tech in the Phoenix area? Have not had the system serviced since new. It's blowing moderately cool but not cold. Please let me know. Thanks Tom

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
The AC system on the GT is both very conventional and straightforward. Both the high and low side ports are under the front bonnet - underneath the removable liner. I'd recommend that you remove the liner to make it easier on the tech and then just make sure they don't lean in on the fender.

Also, if you are game, the AC system is pretty easy to top off yourself. Just buy one of those re-charging cans at Walmart or any auto parts store. Connect it to the low side aforementioned port and then start the car. Turn the AC on and fan on high and temperature on max cold. Gently shake the can and occasionally invert it for a second or two. If the can starts getting cold, it means that you are feeding refrigerant into the system. Watch the gauge on the can and get it into the right zone and don't add too much. Hope it doesn't sound hard - it's not. Perhaps a lot easier than taking you car to an AC shop.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Kendall is of course right on. Any Ford dealer can do this. The system holds 16 oz and they will drain the system and recycle. I like this because they can tell you how much you've lost over a given period of time.

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
Berge Ford has serviced my GT for years with no complaints. Good folks.

2005 FGT #30
2017 NFGT #H043
2017 GT350R #H249
2017 Focus RS #H756

dtomaso1

GT Owner
Dec 6, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks for the replies. I was just told that ADS in Chandler may be a good AC shop as well. Not familiar with them, but they seem to be a large company.

http://automotivediagnosticspecialties.com/

Tom

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I'm pretty sure everyone in the Phoenix area knows how to service ac. They start the courses in 3rd grade.