Toronto Canada
I didn't see a time.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Also looks like a slight delay with the launch control at the start after the light turned green.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
looks like 10.7 to 10.9 from in car guess and trap guess. after a sec look 11.5

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
130mph trap speed. so that should give a good indication of what it will run at its weight.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
That was full auto. So I guess its faster to let the computer shift than human?

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Why post a video without time/trap?

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Why post a video without time/trap?

Because it was slow lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Because it was slow lol

You were right the first time.

I told Jason he could take it to the track; nobody next to the car, no timing lights.

It's really dual purpose. One is because it drives people batshit, and the other is because inevitably whatever happens, morons on the internet will make it out as the end all be all. 1 run, no burnout, wing up. Something like ~1800 ft DA. Diesel blew oil on the track so didn't get to run it with the wing down.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
You were right the first time.

I told Jason he could take it to the track; nobody next to the car, no timing lights.

It's really dual purpose. One is because it drives people batshit, and the other is because inevitably whatever happens, morons on the internet will make it out as the end all be all. 1 run, no burnout, wing up. Something like ~1800 ft DA. Diesel blew oil on the track so didn't get to run it with the wing down.

That's cool. no one understands how easy the ET can be effected with driver. MPH never changes that much even on a shitty takeoff. I love the guys that say they have a 10 sec car and then it runs 12's. not as many things to go wrong on a auto car though. Looking at the launch it was not bad. I little lag but good tire speed. I can tell you one thing if I was picked to get one it would run 9's hell or high water. Don't believe me then allocate me one. '

Last edited:

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Cool vid...regardless of the conditions!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
That's cool. no one understands how easy the ET can be effected with driver. MPH never changes that much even on a shitty takeoff. I love the guys that say they have a 10 sec car and then it runs 12's. not as many things to go wrong on a auto car though. Looking at the launch it was not bad. I little lag but good tire speed. I can tell you one thing if I was picked to get one it would run 9's hell or high water. Don't believe me then allocate me one. '

So don't all the new nannies make it a more even playing field than when you had to adjust your launch rpm, shift points, etc. Looks like the only parameter now is reaction time. The times have changed!!!

I love the NGT and don't care about 1/4 mile times, but just amazing how technology has simplified things.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Sounds brutal in the car.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Was that Bradenton?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
And I thought it was you driving!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
DBK,

What are you getting done?

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
That was full auto. So I guess its faster to let the computer shift than human?

Everything I tried to improve time and speed, didn't. And the monkey pushes the button..........

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota

it could run 9's. Problem is Ford has made this pcm very hard to access a lot of the parameters needed to make the car really haul ass. In some sense probably not a bad idea lol It's expensive and who wants one broke down when you can be driving it, enjoying it.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
“I love the NGT and don't care about 1/4 mile times, but just amazing how technology has simplified things.”

^^^^^Yep!!!