700 mile update on 0098 - AJB Liquid Blue

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
I wish I could take my NGT, when I get it in 2019, to Milliken for service. Our closest NGT Service dealer is a jerk. At least I'll have Milliken deliver it for me!

Ed

And i am really looking forward to that day Ed! Will be a lot of fun!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Is there a factory service manual available? That cold oil change procedure is not something I would have even considered. It’s counter to everything I’ve ever known about an oil change. I don’t believe there is a reference to it in the owners manual. Could you please post the oil change procedure that you have?

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Is there a factory service manual available? That cold oil change procedure is not something I would have even considered. It’s counter to everything I’ve ever known about an oil change. I don’t believe there is a reference to it in the owners manual. Could you please post the oil change procedure that you have?

When you get your car have your Tech print you one out. All of their manuals are online. That's what they did for me. The oil change section is quite lengthy because it covers both situations a normal oil change and oil change including the cooler ..

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

A long time ago specracer posted a link to pre-order manual but I'm not sure their completed yet.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks so much for that information. The third drain plug for the cooler is pretty trick. I still have so much to learn about this car.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Looks like release is slated for 12-31-17

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result....17&Category=&Keyword=&Module=&selected_media=

A long time ago specracer posted a link to pre-order manual but I'm not sure their completed yet.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
CD ROM? I want a damn book!

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
On May 3 2017 I rec'd from Ford my Owners Quick Reference Guide and then the full owners manual on Sept 12 2017. Both in digital format.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
On May 3 2017 I rec'd from Ford my Owners Quick Reference Guide and then the full owners manual on Sept 12 2017. Both in digital format.

The service manual is much different than the owner's manual. I don't believe the complete oil change procedure is in the owner's manual

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Brian... - you are correct .
Although there is good detail in the Owners Manual. (small book, 310 pages located in your front 'hatch") it does not go into detail like a shop manual would.
Maintenance, underhood review, engine oil , dipstick , checking sequence etc is shown on pp 150 -152)

andy (ajb)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I go to my local print shop & they convert all the digital manuals into a paper form with a cover for me. Us old guys love the feel of a heavy manual to put greasy finger prints on!

Ed

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
great idea Ed.
My Owners Manual for the NFGT already has several 'oily fingerprints' on the pages and the Dealership Service stamp and signature from the 600 mile oil and filter change.
andy (ajb)

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Not down for winter just yet - :biggrin

Attachments

• 6D9A6EDB-5323-4C80-93C5-D1FD2011A163.jpg
    6D9A6EDB-5323-4C80-93C5-D1FD2011A163.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 211

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Thanks Rex! Always nice to visit on Woodward. My "frost warning light icon" on the instrument cluster never turned off. So it was below 39 degree F the whole time. Car rode quite harsh and I avoided all potholes. Slow acceleration and deceleration due to reduced grip.
Such fun.!! Plan to put 100 miles on this weekend then suds bath tomorrow, dry , stabilize fuel and put to bed .
Andy (ajb)

Pro_GT_driver

GT Owner
Jun 23, 2010
I had my first oil change done last year by my dealer, and would like to do the next one on my own.
I assume it should be done every year, is this correct?
Will new seals, if there are any, be required for both of the drain plugs?

Thanks

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Good questions and I will let some members who have done oil changes themselves comment.
I am up to 7800 miles on ODO and just had Joe at Milliken Ford do an oil change last month for me.

I know, 7800 miles is not much for a three year old NFGT but it spent some time in the service bay after that deer tried to hitch a ride on my hood to Petite Lemans last year.
Every mile is a big smile!
Andy (ajb)

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Use search and you’ll find an extract from the manual on oil change procedure. No seals required. The process is much easier than on the 05/06 cars; a lot fewer belly pan screws plus an oil filter design that doesn’t puke oil everywhere when you remove it.

Reactions: Pro_GT_driver

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas

Go to posts 67 & 72

xrayman396

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2006
Bucks County Pa
Tyhis is what the sent me on the Oil Change