Cool Tech's Ryan Pond Secures SoCal 2017 SM NASA Champ Title

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Many of you know that in addition to growing up twisting wrenches on Ford GTs, getting his Mechanical Engineering degree from Cal Poly Pomona, pursuing a second degree in computer science, and working full-time now for Hyundai/Kia as an automotive calibration engineer, Ryan has also taken up the pursuit of his favorite passion which is driving. This is his first full season with SoCal NASA organization (Spec Miata) and with winning both races this weekend, he's put a punctuation mark on claiming the 2017 SoCal Regional Championship title. Very proud of him. Looking at opportunities to do even better stuff in 2018 without breaking the already fragile bank!!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Way Cool! Congratulations!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Sounds like a bright, talented, “go-getter”! Congratulations.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
That’s outstanding. Especially his educational accomplishments. Congrats.

Chip

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Excellent achievements across the board. Faster cars and longer races ahead! Congratulations to all!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Awesome - Monica and I are so very proud and happy for Ryan, congratulations!
And also big congratulations to his home team. You are a fortunate Man Mr. Pond... what a wonderful family. :thumbsup

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Impressive resume on all counts.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Well done.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Congratulations to all involved. Way too "cool". One question for you Kendall, were you his "wrench"?

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Excellent news!! Such an awesome young man, and family.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Well Done Ryan. What the others said x2!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Thanks for all of the comments and know that all of you and many others are responsible for shaping this young man and our daughter, Lauren as well. I probably did a lot of things wrong as a parent (it's one of those on the job learning gigs). But I did know that since I went to college a lot has changed and the social part of a young person's development was key. So I pushed and encouraged them to meet an interact with FordGT owners - and what a brilliant move that was. Not so much that the idea was good, but the fabric from which 99% of GT owners are woven from - just doesn't get any better. By definition, GT owners are upper middle class or above - and could easily be snobish a-holes - but this GT crowd is comprised of anything but. I think both of our kids learned countless things from these interactions - and for that I am greatly indebted.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Thanks for all of the comments and know that all of you and many others are responsible for shaping this young man and our daughter, Lauren as well. I probably did a lot of things wrong as a parent (it's one of those on the job learning gigs). But I did know that since I went to college a lot has changed and the social part of a young person's development was key. So I pushed and encouraged them to meet an interact with FordGT owners - and what a brilliant move that was. Not so much that the idea was good, but the fabric from which 99% of GT owners are woven from - just doesn't get any better. By definition, GT owners are upper middle class or above - and could easily be snobish a-holes - but this GT crowd is comprised of anything but. I think both of our kids learned countless things from these interactions - and for that I am greatly indebted.

Well said. We are all blessed and we do not take it for granted. Makes for a great group to be with.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Terrific to hear of all Ryan’s progress these past few years. Keep working hard young man and keep pursuing your dreams!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Spectacular news! Ryan has always struck me as a young man who is wise beyond his years. Stoked to see him taking advantage of all these opportunities. I'm sure you are very proud indeed Kendall.

Vince H

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Congrats, Ryan and Kendall!

Kendall, now you no long can "instruct" Ryan on driving lines and how to execute turn-in and track-out...! :)

Ed

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Congrats Ryan Meister and Papa as well, stay safe Pal!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Cool buddy! Please tell Ryan congratulations. It was really great to see you and chat with you at the show! Don't be a stranger!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Very competitive field that’s awesome
You know the old saying how do you get a small fortune in racing start with a big one