Me and Carroll Shelby

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
me and Carroll out driving my 68 Shelby convertible a few years back. of course he had to stop and talk to the pretty lady!!IMG_2876.jpg

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Priceless :)
What a memory!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Very nice. How long ago was that, Scott?

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Very nice. How long ago was that, Scott?

that was taken in the early nineties if I recall. the best part of the day was him talking about a project at Chrysler he was consulting on. he wouldn't tell me what it was but said it had a huge engine and was a 2 seater. obviously we now know it was the Viper. he autographed the under side of my hood and as he stepped away, bumped his head and cut it on my hood latch. we have it on video as well. so I had not only a piece of history but a piece of his DNA as well!! lol

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
You can sell that hood on eBay for millions! Its better than a prototype part found in the trash.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
You can sell that hood on eBay for millions! Its better than a prototype part found in the trash.
lmao !!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
What a picture, what a cool story too.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
That's awesome Scott. Great story about the Viper also.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
IMG_2898.jpganother shot of me and Carroll out driving my GT500 convertible.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Very cool pictures and stories.

Vince H

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
the guy's house we're in front of is where Carroll was staying. his friend was in charge of the Ford Thunderbolt program but for the life of me, I can't remember his name. OA I guess

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Awesome story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
That’s just about the coolest thing I’ve seen lately! Thanks for sharing.

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
me and Carroll out driving my 68 Shelby convertible a few years back. of course he had to stop and talk to the pretty lady!!View attachment 48446

Great shot with you and Carroll in #2765:thumbsup:thumbsup The dark green with black interior is one of the best colors for that car I have owned several 68 500 conv. in that color and still Have #1797 Looks like you are even wearing a Shelby T shirt :thumbsup

Dominic

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
yep that was the car. I used to have people tell me the car had rear 1/4s put on it because it had the later smooth panels with the curved rear side reflectors and that only KRs had the later quarters. I told them that is incorrect. Ford built GT500s and KRs at the same time along with GT350s with the later quarter panels. But you don't argue with the experts! (especially when you know better)

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
He did some minor consulting on the Viper. He was ill during part of that period. He pushed for a V8 but got shot down because the V10 was a big deal at the 89 car show. In some respects, he was right about the V8. Guy was nice and an icon, but there wasn’t a car he wouldn’t but his badge on for the right $$.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
" there wasn’t a car he wouldn’t but his badge on for the right $$" +1 lol

or luggage, or chili, or tennis shoes, or boats, or etc. you get it

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
He was part of a diminishing breed of Americans.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
cool !!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California