http://www.carscoops.com/2017/10/chris-harris-hits-track-in-ford-gt.html
Whats not to like?
My favorite line was "Worth the wait!"

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Ringing endorsement. FMC and Multimatic have a lot to be proud of.

Vince H

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Good find Ron! Thanks for sharing.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
It is a special car. There aren't many homologation-Le Mans winning production cars you can buy. Brands X and Y may have better spec sheets, but the racing pedigree and resulting driving dynamics of the GT is what sets it apart and makes it special.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
‘Special car.......special car......’. Indeed she is, thanks, Big Blue!!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
What you cant buy a road going mid engine 911, or an M6 with the engine slammed back a foot, from the showroom?

It is a special car. There aren't many homologation-Le Mans winning production cars you can buy. Brands X and Y may have better spec sheets, but the racing pedigree and resulting driving dynamics of the GT is what sets it apart and makes it special.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
What???.... you cant buy a road going mid-engine 911, or an M6 with the engine slammed back a foot, from the showroom?

BMW sells lots of 2 seat coupes with the radiator air flow vented out the top of the hood right??? The mid-engine 911 is the biggest joke of all. Wouldn't it be easier to just leave the cars as-is and get competitive with a quick & easy BOP adjustment?

The more I look at this the more amazed I am that Ford built this incredible new GT and put a "waiver free" homologation special into enthusiasts hands to enjoy and show. I've had this thing for 3 weeks and it blows me away every time I see it.

Chip

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
"Worth the wait." Couldn't be more true. I also think Chris Harris is able to pack more of the things that I care about into 5 minutes than any other sports car video journalist. Awesome dude driving an awesome car.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
What you cant buy a road going mid engine 911, or an M6 with the engine slammed back a foot, from the showroom?

No, but I CAN buy a prehistoric Aston Martin.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
No, but I CAN buy a prehistoric Aston Martin.

..... a class winning, prehistoric Aston Martin, mind you.

And may the rules be with you......