How to make a car show more fun.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Thx Andy.
I will check these places out for blue cars when I am back in town.
Ajb (andy)

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great idea Chip! I too gave a handful out during our rally 12 stops. It brings huge smiles from the youngsters. BTW the best storage spot for these is behind the passenger foot rest [emoji12]
ff1be98b2bcaf952e5e3d014c2ef0f52.jpg

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Very cool for sure!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Wow - those are all behind your foot rest?

Ed

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thx Andy.
I will check these places out for blue cars when I am back in town.
Ajb (andy)

There are three colors of Hot Wheels street GT's. Liquid Blue with no stripes, Silver with Black stripes, and Yellow with Black stripes. All owners of other colors are SOL. Maybe next year they'll cook up new colors. Then again maybe not because the silver and yellow are selling so well because John and I are buying every one in sight!!

Chip

Last edited:

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wow - those are all behind your foot rest?

Ed

[emoji23] ohhhhh no but I have a bag that holds 15 without a problem

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Ordered these from Ford Racing concessions by the dozen. All come in solid colors with no stripes. A lot of the kids like to pick their favorite colors!

Attachments

• CC297582-0702-44A7-8A4F-A0B24A9BA807.jpg
    CC297582-0702-44A7-8A4F-A0B24A9BA807.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 174

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I wonder how much HotWheels would charge for off pallet colors?
Given that they are 1:64 scale and Ford is charging around 30k for an off pallet paint option, the price according to my calculation is:
$468.75 per car!!!
They are Ford GTs after all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Ford GT Fleet Sales

Great idea Chip! I too gave a handful out during our rally 12 stops. It brings huge smiles from the youngsters. BTW the best storage spot for these is behind the passenger foot rest [emoji12]
ff1be98b2bcaf952e5e3d014c2ef0f52.jpg

Gentlemen,

My good friend and ace GT parts maker John appears to have more silver GT's than I had yellow GT's so I had to up my game here. Would hate to run out!! Another 200 are on the way. My goal is to have just two within 6 months. One full size and one of these little guys. The rest will be scattered in kids rooms all over Arizona.

Chip

Attachments

• IMG_4222.jpg
    IMG_4222.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 123

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Nice work guys.. those are some Hot Wheels collections! If you see any solid white let me know!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Gentlemen,

My good friend and ace GT parts maker John appears to have more silver GT's than I had yellow GT's so I had to up my game here. Would hate to run out!! Another 200 are on the way. My goal is to have just two within 6 months. One full size and one of these little guys. The rest will be scattered in kids rooms all over Arizona.

Chip

Alright then I’m on the quest for 250 more [emoji23]

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Holy moly you 2! HotWheels is going to make you sign a 2 year no-sell guarantee on those!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mccarter1369

Ford Enthusiast
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 18, 2006
Denver, CO
Awesome ambassadors gentlemen! I still have my shoebox of Hot Wheels from over 40 years ago and man would I have been so happy to get a Hot Wheel of the coolest car at the show, C&C or whatever. You all are creating dreams to be fulfilled and goals attained for the next car loving generation...hopefully they'll still be allowed to drive and not be required to have a computer pilot.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Big hit.

Gentlemen,

Weather at the Pavillions Car Show was cool and nice tonight and the crowd was huge. The show director is an area supervisor for McDonalds (who hosts the longest running, 29 years, and largest weekly car show in the world) named Wendi Watkins. She came over and was most appreciative to have the new GT there and she asked me for a Hot Wheels GT. She got one of course and the little kids really liked getting them. But my favorite tonight was a couple with 3 kids. They had an 8 year old girl, 5 year old boy, and a 1.5 year old boy in a stroller who couldn't even talk yet. The 5 year old LOVED the GT so Peggy gave him a Hot Wheels yellow GT. The one year old saw Peggy give his older brother that little yellow GT and he had an instant hissy fit. He was not having that injustice and wanted one RIGHT NOW!!! You've never seen a one year old get so upset, angry, and frustrated in an instant. It was hilarious. If he could have talked he would have told me what for and how!!! So of course we gave him one too and all was right with the world EXCEPT.....the 8 year old girl almost started to cry so she got one as well. This is better than giving out Halloween candy. Great fun.

Chip

Attachments

• IMG_4224.jpg
    IMG_4224.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_4227.jpg
    IMG_4227.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_4228.jpg
    IMG_4228.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_4223.jpg
    IMG_4223.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Good stuff. Way to go!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Hey Chip, I take back all those bad things I said about you. LOL.... very classy and over the top with all the Hot Wheels. Those kids are going to remember that cool old dude who gave them the car and let them sit in his car probably for a long time.

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
I didn't know Hot Wheels came in PTS Speed Yellow!

Pretty cool Chip!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Truly inspiring and amazing!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I didn't know Hot Wheels came in PTS Speed Yellow! Pretty cool Chip!

Jeff,

The crazy thing is that the color of these Hot Wheels match my Speed Yellow much closer than the Triple Yellow that Ford offers. People have asked me if I had Mattel make this batch of cars just for me. They are a perfect match to my GT.

Chip

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
As many have already said, "First Class Act". This is the American way, how its done!!
You're awesome Mr Chip!!
When and if my turn comes, I'm doing this too.