good week for mods

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Did you polish out The machining marks before painting or did the paint obscure them?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I wasn‘t happy about it too, I love to be able to decide on my own to make brand advertisement. Even worse for me, in Germany many mods need to be approved by the TÜV. Since abroad built parts usually don‘t have the necessary paperwork this can be hard or even impossible to get done. If you don‘t comply and police find out you get a fine and the order to get it approved or remove the parts in question (otherwise car is getting deregistered). Usually with a car as rare as the GT this is a grey area because nobody knows what is original or people are simply happy to see an unusual car. But the logo hints without a doubt that something has been changed..

:frown

I guess the upside is having the Autobahn.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
It‘s not as bad as it sounds it has also it‘s good side. Since everybody has to show up his cars every 2 years for an inspection we do not have much cars on the road that can be considered dangerous.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
GKW,

During the early days of this forum I was involved in selling and powercoating a bunch of these billet vents. My top vents are powdercoated Gloss Black and my side vents are powdercoated Flat Black. They are visually indistinguishable from the stock items with the exception that they do not warp. Long-term you really don't have the option of leaving them bare aluminum because they will corrode. You must either paint them with a few coats of clear as Andy mentioned or powder coat or paint them to match the car. I know they look great now as shiny bare aluminum but they won't look as good in a couple years if you leave them bare.

I've had the short throw shifter for over 10 years and it's one of my favorite mods.

Chip

I’ve used Zoop Seal for years on the bare aluminum parts with great success.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
That sounds like some Polish soup. You made that up.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I did leave the machining marks as I like that look and coated the top vents with 2 coats of Everbrite. They have been in my climate controlled garage for a couple years and had not yet oxidized or lost any shine. I did clean them well with denatured alcohol before coating. I assume the side vents need no coating as they appear to anodized ??

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I did leave the machining marks as I like that look and coated the top vents with 2 coats of Everbrite. They have been in my climate controlled garage for a couple years and had not yet oxidized or lost any shine. I did clean them well with denatured alcohol before coating. I assume the side vents need no coating as they appear to anodized ??

I haven’t anodized any of the top or side vents in the past so if they look raw billet then that’s what you have.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I haven’t anodized any of the top or side vents in the past so if they look raw billet then that’s what you have.

The side vents are the same color as the plastic ones I took off I assumed they were coated. I guess I will coat them also.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The side vents are the same color as the plastic ones I took off I assumed they were coated. I guess I will coat them also.

If they are black then yes they are powder-coated and ready for install. No need for any other coatings

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
If they are black then yes they are powder-coated and ready for install. No need for any other coatings

Thanks John, don't know why I waited so long they sure are a big upgrade over plastic!! any word from Bitchin rides?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks John, don't know why I waited so long they sure are a big upgrade over plastic!! any word from Bitchin rides?

No problem [emoji106]
No word yet by I would expect to hear from them in a couple-few weeks. I will make a post once they contact me.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
John - do you need an Agent ? Once your TV career blossoms ?
andy (ajb)

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
John - do you need an Agent ? Once your TV career blossoms ?
andy (ajb)

[emoji15]we better wait and see how bad it is first [emoji23]