Chasing Porsches at Spring Mountain

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Haven't been racing much because of being busy and such, so took the Wolf out for some fun this last weekend with the Porsche race group. Had a blast with them and it was cool they allowed a few Wolfs in with their practice sessions. My buddies Turbo Wolf could easily motor past even the fastest Porsche in the straights. My Wolf is a 2.4 Litre N/A so some of the Porsches could pull on me in the straights if I didn't get a good run on them out of the turn. They didn't have much of a chance in the turns because of the highly advanced aero and lightweight of the Wolf. Great fun on a beautiful weekend. Here is a little video. :thumbsup (Oh, I forgot to load the correct map so it is wrong in the video)
[video=youtube;_Zl6rN5gmNc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zl6rN5gmNc&feature=em-upload_owner[/video]
20160507_134126.jpg

Last edited:

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Very cool Apollo. Love the sound that motor makes. Who makes the 2.4L engine?

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
It is a Honda k24 sourced from the plant in Italy. I think the Turbo runs a Peugeot based engine that has something like 125 more hp than the Honda. These are the two that are most popular cars for our Wolf spec classes at SM.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
It is a Honda k24 sourced from the plant in Italy. I think the Turbo runs a Peugeot based engine that has something like 125 more hp than the Honda. These are the two that are most popular cars for our Wolf spec classes at SM.

Very cool!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
sweet!

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Good to see you racing again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Great to see you on the track again.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Really neat. Thanks Apollo!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Great video. Really shows how downforce and braking make a huge difference! Once you got through the initial traffic, you really get a sense for how much speed you can carry in a clean lap.

Kenneth