Shifter Install

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Can someone tell me how I access these pictures on first post. I thought I read this last week and they were there??
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/6203-DIY-Ford-Racing-short-shift-kit-install

Last edited by a moderator:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
You could pay the OP's hosting fee.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Gary in Georgia, what has happened, is Photobucket, which has been a long standing "free"photo hosting service, decided this summer to charge $400 to host pictures that are then linked to "3rd" party web sites. It has destroyed huge numbers of quality threads everywhere.

Long story short, unless you can PM the original poster and have him send the pics, or have them pay the $400, your not going to be able to get access to them

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Yeah, bummer. DBK may not care for this idea, because it may increase storage costs, but...for specific threads that are worthy of being permanent (e.g., tech how-tos), the accompanying photos should be stored on the forum and not linked from another site that could disappear.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Gary in Georgia, what has happened, is Photobucket, which has been a long standing "free"photo hosting service, decided this summer to charge $400 to host pictures that are then linked to "3rd" party web sites. It has destroyed huge numbers of quality threads everywhere.

Long story short, unless you can PM the original poster and have him send the pics, or have them pay the $400, your not going to be able to get access to them

All of my photo essays will also soon start dropping, notably those from Rally 9. I got a paid account at that time for something like $100/year due to the momentary burp in bandwidth. But I won't pay $400/year to put up images that are only viewed two or three times a year. It seems that Photobucket has a business strategy to put their business into a downward spiral so they can get bought by someone for scrap value.

Additionally, for those that care, Photobucket has a new policy. If you hosted your photos there and you accessed your account frequently all is good. However, if you hosted photos there and just did it for a few times, and now the photos stop being visible and you don't go back, after a timeout period Photobucket considers the account abandoned and subsequently claims all rights to the images. So if one of those photos happens to make you a rich-and-famous-Ansel-Adams picture, Photobucket will claim all of the rich part...

I will be taking my photos off photobucket as the third party hosting police catch up to me.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Over to the shifter install. At one time I had the installation instructions that came with it and it isn't difficult and does not require exotic tools. The most difficult part is removing the transmission tunnel cover. If you have a Mcintosh radio you will have to remove the subwoofer. Generous quantities of blue tape everywhere, especially up and around the radio area are required. I found the tunnel came off easier than it went on with respect to the blue tape covering adjacent areas - it was easy to get it moving places where you could bump things.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Gary are you keeping your polished ball?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Gary are you keeping your polished ball?

It's hanging just for you!