Tachometer Is Sticking

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Looks like after 12 years my Tach is starting to stick on the way down. Can anyone point me in the right direction for the best pricing for a new tach?

Thanks.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Oops, sorry, you said tach...

The smaller gauges are available from Autometer directly for $225 ea.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Try Scott at Dearborn Performance 734-421-2782 or supercarpart@msn.com. On a rare occasion local ford dealers will have a 25% off list during Saturday car show they are hosting. Believe you will need vin # and registration to order part from dealer.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
For not much more, you can replace the whole panel with Speedhut. I did.

For not much more, you can replace the whole panel with Speedhut. I did.

Highly recommended! And actually, it's for less than the cost of a tach or speedo ...

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Highly recommended! And actually, it's for less than the cost of a tach or speedo ...
:agree: Speed Hut is the way to go.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
:agree: Speed Hut is the way to go.

👍👍👍👍

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Try Scott at Dearborn Performance 734-421-2782 or supercarpart@msn.com. On a rare occasion local ford dealers will have a 25% off list during Saturday car show they are hosting. Believe you will need vin # and registration to order part from dealer.
while I realize this thread is about the tach, I am blowing out the oil and temp gauges for less than auto meter price for 195.00 ea shipped right to your door.
forum members only for that price shipped. have an abundance of those 2 gauges only. thanks, scott PS (within the continental U.S. 48 states)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Speedhut! Yes!

Ed

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I installed Kendall's new Tach and it is working great! Kendall is putting new internals in OEM gauges. Easy swap and keeps the OEM look. Kendall can chime in with specifics.

Thanks again, Kendall!

Last edited:

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
while I realize this thread is about the tach, I am blowing out the oil and temp gauges for less than auto meter price for 195.00 ea shipped right to your door.
forum members only for that price shipped. have an abundance of those 2 gauges only. thanks, scott PS (within the continental U.S. 48 states)

Do you have a vac/boost gauge?
Mine is toast.
Thanks,
Mark

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I only have an abundance of the oil and temp gauges at that price.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I installed Kendall's new Tach and it is working great! Kendall is putting new internals in OEM gauges. Easy swap and keeps the OEM look. Kendall can chime in with specifics.

Thanks again, Kendal!

Kendall, Are you done with the testing? Can I purchase a tach and do I need to send my unit for repair?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hi Spartan!!

We're ready to rock and roll. It will be an exchange program. We are just awaiting the arrival of another core. We'll get that one fixed and let you know and we can swap!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
This is great news, Kendall. Fortunately, my speedo and tach are still good. But I have a feeling it's only a matter of time....

Can you provide details on pricing?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Are the new small Accumeter gauges a good final solution? Sounds like the big gauges have a fix now.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
How did you do it? I looked at the one failed gauge I had and couldn't figure out how to open it without destroying it, and then what internals are you using to replace the failed components? Will you be doing the small gauges too or is Autometer still the best shot for OEM style replacements?

PS. I'd suggest starting a new topic dedicated to the repairs with details instead of leaving it in the replies to an unrelated subject.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
How did you do it? I looked at the one failed gauge I had and couldn't figure out how to open it without destroying it, and then what internals are you using to replace the failed components?

My guess is that is a trade secret. :biggrin

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Are the new small Accumeter gauges a good final solution? Sounds like the big gauges have a fix now.

Michael, I have a new Accumeter oil pressure gauge after the original crapped out a few years ago. So far, so good. I don't think there have been any failures of the new design that I'm aware of.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks Ed,

I am not opposed to modifying my car obviously, but even tho I have the Speedhut set, I just still prefer the OEM gauges. (if they can be fixed once and for all).