Do any of these GTs ever sell?

Looking at fleabay this morning, I counted 10 2005 GTs and 20 2006 GTs for sale, almost all with fewer than 9,999 miles. Many with fewer than 999 miles. I do not recall ever seeing a GT on the site sell. I find it hard to believe that 1) prices are so high with so many cars on the market, and 2) with so many for sale demand can be as high as folks say it is. I think it's interesting that cars with "high mileage" (more than 15,000 miles) rarely come on the market - I assume because folks who drive GTs rarely want to sell them. It would seem that a large majority of GTs are garage queens and rarely if ever driven.

Comments?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
As active as this forum is, I'm guessing the the actual percentage owners that participate here is relatively low. With that, most of us that do participate here, drive ours, so our "reality" that "every drives em", might be slightly skewed. I also think that there are a LOT of cars with miles, that sell within the community, off the market, or at least not floating on fleabay for an eternity. There are plenty of garage queens here, among the active participants, but these are often 2nd 3rd GT's (or more) cars of theirs.

nemetskii

Apr 9, 2013
Florida
Have been shopping for a GT for the last few months so my experience has been that there is some stagnation in the market cause lots of folks don't entirely accept that values have dipped a bit. This doesn't mean they won't go back up, but in their minds their cars are still worth what they were two years ago and this doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe it's just that they don't need the money and don't care if they have to sit on the car for a couple years if necessary to see it go back up ? I

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
As active as this forum is, I'm guessing the the actual percentage owners that participate here is relatively low. With that, most of us that do participate here, drive ours, so our "reality" that "every drives em", might be slightly skewed. I also think that there are a LOT of cars with miles, that sell within the community, off the market, or at least not floating on fleabay for an eternity. There are plenty of garage queens here, among the active participants, but these are often 2nd 3rd GT's (or more) cars of theirs.
this is the best and most truthful comment I've ever read on this forum. I notice that for the most part, the same people are the ones that are active on the forum and post the most so it's possible that our vision is skewed compared to reality of ( ALL ) the Ford GT owners. I get amazed when I ask people I meet for the first time if they are on the forum. they ask " the what?" that in itself amazes me. but then again I don't think it should either. there are still over 3,000 Gts left out there and we know the owners don't all post here. I also think there are garage queen owners here as well but like was said, probably their 2nd and 3rd GT which I am one to fall into that category with several others I know. as far as price, it kinda gets irrelevant because most of us have no intention of selling our cars so let the marketeers ask what they want. it really doesn't matter to most of us. it boils down to what you feel comfortable paying and who you are buying the car from. a piece of mind is priceless knowing for a fact you're getting a good car from a reputable seller. I also see some surfers here who think there are owners that will get desperate and give their GTs away at a ridiculous cheap price. all I can say to that is "good luck with that and have a great day" Parts prices are no different. I see guys selling used stuff for more than Ford SRP on new parts. all- jmho

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
1. If you are asking if cars on EBay sell,...they do when reasonable. I was speaking to the seller of the black no stripe car that was on EBay recently this week which was located in Weschester, NY.
It sold
2. Demand is very good but buyers want a deal and are not jumping at asking prices.
3. I think the majority of Clean title cars are indeed under 10,000 miles .

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Doesn't someone who has something for sale have the right to price it the way they want ? opps price just went up..

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
this one sold at fall Carlisle this past weekend at their auction for $277,000.00 + 7% commission. nice car and I think priced right. 2006 with 1900 miles.
Ford-GT yellow.jpg

Last edited:

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
this one sold at fall Carlisle this past weekend at their auction for $277,000.00 + 7% commission. nice car and I think priced right. 2006 with 1900 miles.
View attachment 48129

That car was purchase by a local guy here in PA. He was just at our SAAC regional event 2 weeks ago and expressed his desire to get a GT. He went with the sole intention of getting that car. I looked at the car on Friday it was really nice.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Exotic car pricing is so screwy to me. That seems like a deal when you see cars listed for 325-400 with low miles. Yes that is "listed" price.

You never see these much on the web, but what is a clean 30,000-50,000 mile driver worth? Less than 200?

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
The only time I have ever seen a GT near the $200 mark is when it has a salvage title. I'm no expert. Just my observation.

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
They built over 4000 cars in two years. That's a lot of vehicles. Seeing 30 cars on Fleabay is no surprise when you realize how many there are. Fleabay is one of the few places you can go with an expensive exotic and get a national market.

No surprise at all....

2005 FGT #30
2017 NFGT #H043
2017 GT350R #H249
2017 Focus RS #H756

Yes, but what drives the price up? I always thought scarcity was the most important thing (that old supply and demand thing ...). When there are 30 for sale just on ebay (and who knows how many more elsewhere) there is no scarcity. And, it's not as though the cars on ebay sell like hotcakes, either.

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
I have one with 77,959 miles for sale. Tungsten no stripes, Canadian car. Just put clutch, all pulley bearing, Borla headers and muffler. New tires Bridgestone all around, Would take under 200k for it, So I could pull out another one with 200 miles on it to start over as I wait for my NFGT I am a licensed tech so car is in fantastic shape. Paint has chips. Brakes have had rotors and pads changed also. All fluds changes done

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I have one with 77,959 miles for sale. Tungsten no stripes, Canadian car. Just put clutch, all pulley bearing, Borla headers and muffler. New tires Bridgestone all around, Would take under 200k for it, So I could pull out another one with 200 miles on it to start over as I wait for my NFGT I am a licensed tech so car is in fantastic shape. Paint has chips. Brakes have had rotors and pads changed also. All fluds changes done

I think your GT is worth more than $200K CanadaGT if it's as you describe. A salvaged one sold for $215K.

Ed

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
That car was purchase by a local guy here in PA. He was just at our SAAC regional event 2 weeks ago and expressed his desire to get a GT. He went with the sole intention of getting that car. I looked at the car on Friday it was really nice.
A local PA guy bought it ??? I'm hearing PA yellow twins myself ! lol

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014

Thanks for that info. That's the first "real" mileage car I have seen for sale in quite a while. Bet it doesn't last long. Keep us updated. Wouldn't be surprised if a member jumps on it.

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA

Do you know how he found out about the car?

Thanks in advance,

Lance

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Do you know how he found out about the car?

Thanks in advance,

Lance

Definitely the forum. Please send check payable to Ford GT Forum. :lol

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I think your GT is worth more than $200K CanadaGT if it's as you describe. A salvaged one sold for $215K.

Ed

there are not many if any salvage title gt's selling for over 200k unless less than 1000 miles or heritage. The going rate for a fixed salvage title car is 175-200k.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
there are not many if any salvage title gt's selling for over 200k unless less than 1000 miles or heritage. The going rate for a fixed salvage title car is 175-200k.

Depends on condition. More salvage cars sold than one would think.

Ed