Kennedy Space Center

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
18psi? (Yawn!) LOL! Your GT could do back to back to back runs all day and all night!

This is the magic of twin turbos. You are barely 4 psi over stock and only a couple psi over "common" pulley/tune upgrades. Of course the BIG difference is that the engine is no longer expending energy to spin the SC and all of that energy is added to the RWHP.

*IF* you were so inclined, you could tune with some nasty C16 and crank that psi up to 23-24psi and gain another couple hundred HP. In our experience, that's about the limit of the FGT stock fuel system - approximately 1000 RWHP with TT's. Conversely, with the stock fuel system, you can squeeze 820-850 RWHP with a SC set-up.... losing a 100 or more HP to turning that big pump.

Kendall, great to hear from you my friend!

So, I'm wondering: Since it appears that I am pretty easily able to get to redline in 5th now, what kind of results will I see if I start trying to pull speed in 6th? What kind of boost do you think I would need to make that happen?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
So, I'm wondering: Since it appears that I am pretty easily able to get to redline in 5th now, what kind of results will I see if I start trying to pull speed in 6th? What kind of boost do you think I would need to make that happen?

Hey, I just build them, I don't drive them!!! LOL. The V-squared part of the equation is what just kills you as those far more experienced than me can tell you. Oddly enough, another 150-200HP at those velocities doesn't go a long ways and I like you and Susan too much to advocate chasing another 10-20mph. The truth is that C16 is pretty nasty/corrosive stuff and you'd probably need that at 20+ psi boost pressures but you are reaching the point of diminishing returns. But, if you do decide to chase that goal, don't forget to pay Jason another visit to insure your tune (and fuel system) is spot-on to achieve that.

I like exactly where you are at - 18psi and hitting 230mph! That's an incredible achievement and unbelievably not really stressing the engine or drivetrain. I'd guess that puts you at or near the top of the class for participants that elect to drive to/from the venue enjoying AC and Mac tunes along the way!

We both need to work on Kelvin and Shelley to get them to bring the new 675LT over from their little island paradise. I'd like to see that thing run. Likely not near as fast as a modified GT but I'll bet it sound/looks as good or better running down that runway!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
What is the entry fee to run here?
I might try for the Dec dates.
Thanks,
Mark

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Damn Mitty, that's really cool. Congrats on breaking the 230 barrier! The way you describe your run makes me feel like I was sitting in the passenger seat with you. Thanks for posting your epic journey!

Ford GTs (all years) are truly THE pinnacle motorsports experience in my humble opinion.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
What is the entry fee to run here?
I might try for the Dec dates.
Thanks,
Mark

Usually around 1800. Certainly not cheap, but if a person is looking to knock the magic 200 off their bucket list, this is a great, safe, historic venue in which to do it.

I am confirmed to attend again for the December event; it would be great to see a few of my GT brethren there! (no affiliation BTW). I'll have the big motorcoach there will all the soda you can drink and chocolate chip cookies fresh from the Publix supermarket. :)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What, no steaks and beer? Big Inch is a much better host.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Usually around 1800. Certainly not cheap, but if a person is looking to knock the magic 200 off their bucket list, this is a great, safe, historic venue in which to do it.

I am confirmed to attend again for the December event; it would be great to see a few of my GT brethren there! (no affiliation BTW). I'll have the big motorcoach there will all the soda you can drink and chocolate chip cookies fresh from the Publix supermarket. :)

Thank you!
Trying to tweak my schedule.
Best,
Mark

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I need to log on more often.... Sounds like fun Mitty... Going to the event would be to hang with you first, race car 2nd...:cheers

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I might go in Dec.. sorry I didn't read all the posts. Is there a link to sign up

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
I might go in Dec.. sorry I didn't read all the posts. Is there a link to sign up

https://jbprovinggrounds.com

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014

Love to see you see what your NGT will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I wish I could do Dec, but out of town then again.
If anyone wants to do Jan/Feb please let me know!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013

It looks like Jan/Feb may be more realistic for me.

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005

Doh! Well jaxgt, it would certainly have added significantly to the average IQ of the event to have you there. Maybe on the next go round! :)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Love to see you see what your NGT will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I can figure out a way to get both up cars up there I'd like to take the 06 also.. !!

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
If I can figure out a way to get both up cars up there I'd like to take the 06 also.. !!

It would be awesome to see you there! I still want to learn more about your cool carbon ceramic brakes!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
anybody going to Feb or March dates?

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
anybody going to Feb or March dates?

I'm considering the March event. A couple of things have to fall into place, but it is such a fun time that I am trying to make it work!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Dont' see link on their site for March dates..?

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Dont' see link on their site for March dates..?

Anybody know the March dates?
I can't find them as well.