John Cenas Ford GT

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
John Cena's Ford GT on Auto Geek. He hints at getting a NFGT.

https://youtu.be/fVc_XarJWUc

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
1250 miles?????? Does not drive it much as he said he has had it 10 years.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
maybe --- maybe not -- maybe --maybe not.

ajb (andy)

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
1250 miles... sad!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
1250 miles... sad!!!

I thought Ford gave priority to owners that drove their cars.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Never heard of this guy. His analysis is clearly not geared to current owners but to fans who don't own one and might enjoy his impressions. Posts below inform me that Cena is a professional wrestler so I assume he's got a lot of fans. I'd like to see him take that GT out of the wrapper and join us at a rally. He'd like that GT even more if he spent a few days on the road with the FGTF. Cheers.

Chip

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Cena seems like a really good dude. I can't stand professional wrestling, but outside of that arena, he's pretty much constantly engaged in some philanthropic endeavor. I read that he's granted over 500 kid's wishes through Make-A-Wish which is far and away the most anyone has ever done for them.

I actually thought that video wasn't bad either.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I liked the video.
I met him once.
Seems like a regular guy who does more then his part for charity.
Mark

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Video wasn't bad. I have only heard of Mr Cena because he is from Massachusetts, for sure not from "wrestling".

Man that car is STOCK, GY's, muffler, and long throw shifter. And interesting that he said the car was ordered with side stripe delete. No stripes is rare, side stripe delete is super rare.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
He has had roles in a number of movies: Trainwreck, Sisters, The Marine, Daddy's Home, etc. You can look up his acting credits as well as all actors on IMBD (website or app)

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Not too bad a video. Cool to have a celebrity critique the car.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I had never seen or heard of this man before as I never watch professional wrestling. And while I'm not a fan of wrestling, the Make a Wish Foundation is one of my favorite organizations and charities. Anybody involved with them has my appreciation.

Chip

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
For his target audience, I thought the video was good. Comes across as a regular, approachable guy. I'll watch his '17 one.

Vince H

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I liked the regular Joe approach too, but come on John, drive the car!!!!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Pretty sure his car is and has been for sale for a while now down in Naples. Exact same option car with same mileage for sale in Naples. Be an awfully weird coincidence being another tungsten no stripe with identical options and mileage and being in Naples which has a lot of celebrity locals....

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Not to mention his girlfriend is pretty hot too

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Two things he said resonated with me:
1. He likes the stripe delete because most people don't know what it is when they see it. I often get Porsche or Ferrari...
2. When people ask, we're proud to say it's a Ford. Most common response: That's a Ford!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Two things he said resonated with me:
1. He likes the stripe delete because most people don't know what it is when they see it. I often get Porsche or Ferrari...
2. When people ask, we're proud to say it's a Ford. Most common response: That's a Ford!?!?

Gentlemen,

Last night at a car show a big majority of the folks knew exactly what my car was BUT they were car enthusiasts. I did have a few people ask, "What is that?" When I told one couple it was a Ford GT they responded, "Cool, we'll get down to a dealership soon and check them out!" I didn't have the heart to tell them that dealer inventorys were probably a little thin.

Chip

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
"Cool, we'll get down to a dealership soon and check them out!" I didn't have the heart to tell them that dealer inventorys were probably a little thin.

Chip

Lol. I imagine it'll be a little disappointing for folks to find out they can't just clean up the minivan and drive it down to the dealership for a trade in.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Lol. I imagine it'll be a little disappointing for folks to find out they can't just clean up the minivan and drive it down to the dealership for a trade in.

Well at least it got them to clean up the minivan! LOL!

Ed

PS Maybe they will settle for a Flex instead of the minivan! We love ours!