5W50 Ford Motorcraft Oil - Need Help

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Does anyone have a contact of where you could purchase 5w50 Full Synthetic Ford Motorcraft oil from in a 55 gal drums. Would really like to purchase a couple of drums this way since we use so much of it at the shop and for all the racecars and oil changes we do it would really be handy. If anyone has any contacts or suggestions please let me know. You can either email me at mark@m2kmotorsports or reply to this message.

Thanks in advance.

Mark H.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Mark, in previous years I have specifically asked Ford if the oil was available this way and I was always (perhaps conveniently) told no. However, with the growing number of Ford Performance vehicles now requiring this oil, it would seem to make sense that they would offer this.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The Ford lubricant product list says quarts only.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Conaco - Phillips makes the Motorcraft oil for the GT. At the shop, it came in in 250 gallon plastic totes. Might try contacting Conaco Phillips directly.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Related issue is what are people paying?
I also run it on the 302S which takes 12.5q every time I run it at an event.
Found it for $8.18 without too much persuasion.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
That's a steal! Just did the 45K service on my '06 yesterday, paid $13.44 at Mac Haik Ford in Houston. I obviously need to start shopping around

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Just buy redline 5/50 in 55gallon barrels. better oil anyways.. the tests have shown its better oil too.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Just buy redline 5/50 in 55gallon barrels. better oil anyways.. the tests have shown its better oil too.

Back when I was working with Ford Racing, testing "crate motors" , we ran a little non scientific test. While running in a proto type motor on Roush's dyno, we did a back to back comparison between Mobile 1 and Red Line oils. 1 hp difference, a statistical nothing.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Back when I was working with Ford Racing, testing "crate motors" , we ran a little non scientific test. While running in a proto type motor on Roush's dyno, we did a back to back comparison between Mobile 1 and Red Line oils. 1 hp difference, a statistical nothing.

My point is red line is a very good oil and when the gt 500 guys had it tested versus ford stuff it is a slightly better oil. With that being said you can buy it in bulk. As you can many other oils out there that are as comparable as ford foil