My 250th Ford

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I know its a 2018 Flex but it is the 250th Ford I am proud to say I purchased. My way of giving back to special people. This one will be given to a beautiful growing family that I have watched battle cancer and win, home school, work hard and care for others like no other. I am blessed by the Ford dealer owner and his manager who stopped what they were doing (working on a blown 32 hotrod) to deliver it 30 miles away to my home. I'm laid up from some surgery and wanted to surprise the recipient on Saturday. I share this as 1 there are some really awesome people out there and 2 still some Great small dealers (Fred Grande Ford Richmond Mi.) who care as well. Some might say I do it to secure Ford Business but not true Ford has not been very loyal to me at the purchasing level. I can say over time they engineer the best of the best overall cars and trucks. Others watch and copy for the most part. This is the last year for the Flex and still is a heck of a nice roomy ride that seats 7.
flex.jpg

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Truly a heartwarming story. Thanks for sharing!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Good for you! We loved our Flex- really a great family vehicle.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Good story and good deed. Hope that redounds to your satisfaction.

Let me say something about the Flex. I looked at the Flex 10 years ago about when they first came out. I ended up buying a different brand mid-size van because the Flex did not have 4ft between the wheel wells. That is a hard requirement for me because I often make trips to Home Depot for sheets of plywood or drywall that are 4 ft wide. So if anyone at Ford is reading this: In future minivans, crossovers, or a new Ranger pickup, be sure to make the rear cargo floor flat for at least 49". Then I'll buy one.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Great story!