BEWARE - Kamikaze products

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I am embarrassed to my core to admit this, usually I would chuckle at the thought of buying something with “AMAZING” on the label, but if I can save someone here the same hassle I’ll gladly take the ribbing.

Pure snake oil.

Before the rally I committed the time to do some light paint correction via machine polishing. Worked out great, removing the imperfections (that probably only I notice) in the black stripes and even the scratch on the clam my wife created with her engagement ring on the first day of ownership (I’ll never let her live that down even though it is now gone ). I should have stopped there, but I didn’t.

I put on a Kamikaze ISM coating purchased from Esoteric car care, which didn’t really seem to do anything but oh well, $200 lesson learned. Returning from the rally after the first detail I went to use the water spot remover that came with the kit. The picture below shows the results, apparently the ISM coat does nothing to protect against a product from the same company as the Aluminum appears to be etched. After a three week back and forth, Esoteric agreed to refund my money. I’ve purchased a replacement door from NorthwoodGT and will swap it out this winter. Can’t wait to tackle the fender liner. :ack Hopefully I won't see issues from this stuff in the future, my 2019 will not be exposed to magic in a bottle.
:bs

IMG_8230.jpg

"WONDOW GLASS" ?? How difficult it must be to find a person literate in English or to find a google machine in Japan. Can't believe I let this crap touch my car.

IMG_8271.jpg

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Bummer, for sure. Sorry to hear, and thanks for sharing this. Curious, did you try any sort of metal polish yet?

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Are the spots etched or deposits?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
glad I don't have any "wondow glass".

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Thanks for the heads-up!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Cubs fan. Soooo predictable.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I've tried every liquid in my home and garage including metal polish and tears. No change. The Aluminum is etched.

My fault really... a fool and his money.... Those male enhancement pills prescribed by Dr. Frank didn't work either.

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Wow ...like putting acid on aluminum.
I stick with products that say Turtle Wax on the label only !
thanks for the heads up.
andy (ajb)

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
How about some #0000 steel wool and Mothers polish? There's got to be some salvageable aluminum, not TOO deep below that surface. Maybe? Maybe not. Just trying to save you from having to do the swap.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Kamikaze product applied to boat. Very hard to buff out.

bV0XufI.jpg

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Sorry for your headache.
Thanks for warning the members!
Best,
Mark

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Kamikaze product applied to boat. Very hard to buff out.

:lol

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"Those male enhancement pills prescribed by Dr. Frank didn't work either."

That had me laughing out loud!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
You need Hydrogen Peroxide...maybe even stronger than drugstore variety; like hair salon supply store.

That product took the protective finish off

Has to do with the ph and re-etching to matte/satin; if you google it, there is a process

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I thought those were painted?

If not, now would be a good time to send them both in to paint. I have been Holding on to a "Ford GT" machined version from Pe2unia until I had an opportune time to repaint.

And add me to the list, thanks for the heads up.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Check your PM. I can describe a process way easier than I can type it. Call me.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
If you've made up your mind to discard the door, as a last resort, pour some Lime Away onto a small cloth and rub a very small area of the door. I've had severe water spotting on the boat exhaust and NOTHING would remove it... but Lime Away did the trick.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I'll try anything when I have it off. Don't want to risk the paint nearby.

Those aren't water spots, the aluminum is acid etched.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
How do the latches on either front fender look? Were they affected?

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Thanks for the suggestions over the phone Donny.

Luckily I didn't put the stuff on the latches.