Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
It’s Over!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Disappointing finish and tough year for most part. Hope Ford can accept tough hand they were dealt and continue the effort. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to be invested in sportscar racing again.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'm happy every time I can see a factory GT race. I thought I'd never live to see it. Mr. Nair and Ford, thanks for going racing.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
FINAL STANDINGS FOR IMSA GTLM

This BoP is starting to aggravate me. Notwithstanding the best car and superb drivers, we fight with added weight and fuel capacity restrictions.

Congrats to Ford, Multimatic and Chip Ganassi Racing for a third place 2017 Series finish given all the obstacles and land mines placed by IMSA BoP.

https://sportscarchampionship.imsa.com/standings/team?season=2017&class=3

https://sportscarchampionship.imsa.com/standings/manufacturer?season=2017&class=3

usmcfred

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
BOP sucks !! and that's how I really Feel !! :biggrin We still got the baddest and best looking car on and off the track !! Thanks Ford for making the New GT !! On to 2018 !!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Will there be a factory effort in 2018?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Will there be a factory effort in 2018?

Yes. 2016-2019.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Through thick and thin the Ford GT Forum members supported the racing program with a loyal following at every race. Many attended more than one race during last and this year. Good for everyone involved, it has been a great time and I'm sure Ford realizes and appreciates our effort. Looking forward to next season :cheers

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
In dentistry BOP is "bleeding on probing". That makes sense. I can make no sense of "balance of power".

Ed

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
hey Ed... 'Balance of power' is sort of like:

--everyone gets a medal for participating
--no winners or losers - feelings get hurt
--40 -50 Valedictorians per senior class... can't hurt the feelings of snowflakes.
--'lets level the playing field.'
--'lets make some safe rooms for hiding.'
Get it ??

andy (ajb)