ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Only about 50 or 60 new GT's have been delivered so far but reading this forum every day I often feel like I'm the only person in the world WHO DOESN'T HAVE ONE!!!! :willy I know it's crazy but I'm certain that others have that same thought.

But that's about to change. Serial #34 is finished and will be shipped tomorrow. It will be 8 days before that truck rolls up to Santa Margarita Ford in California. I'm going to occupy this countdown with a Ford GT road trip. In a couple hours I'm getting on a plane to Ontario and will have dinner with Terry Cord tonight. Tomorrow a tour of Multimatic followed by celebratory cocktails and more food. Wednesday I will fly back to Arizona. On Thursday I will drive up to Monterey, California and meet up with Terry, Monica, and Team Ford/Ganassi at Laguna Seca. Monday after the race I'll drive down the coast to Rancho Santa Margarita for dinner and cocktails with Jim Graham. Tuesday morning we'll drive to his dealership where my new GT will be delivered.

After that, I don't care what I do. It's going to be a fun "non owner" final week so.....Let's roll! I'll post some photos along the way. All the best. :cheers

Chip

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Chip -- pm just sent. enjoy your week.

andy (ajb)

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I'll be in Monterey this weekend to watch the race [emoji469]. Looking forward to seeing everyone and hearing about your NGT.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
That sounds awesome!! Keep us posted

Tomcat

GT Owner
THANK YOU CHIP! I look forward to your daily update! Live/Embrace the dream!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Always one of the great things about you Chip, you never shy away from the journey and the adventure. Doing it right as always.

Vince H

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Chip I am booked tonite, but maybe some time tomorrow with terry we can meet up!!
You will be amazed by the plant!!

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Sounds like a week of fun!

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Sounds like a great week with a phantastic finish. Enjoy it and try to preserve the moments.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Chip,

So happy for you to finally receive your new baby!

BTW, this is a true statement:

"I often feel like I'm the only person in the world WHO DOESN'T HAVE ONE!!!! I know it's crazy but I'm certain that others have that same thought."

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Go for it buddy! Don't let the Canadians give you any wooden nickels.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Soon, you won't feel like you're the only one not to have a new GT, it'll be the rest of us. Enjoy the journey, we look forward to your words, and pictures!!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Let's see if the BOP is changed for Laguna. Ford won there last year so most likely they will make sure Ford doesn't repeat.

Can't wait to see your NGT Chip! Have a fun week.

Ed

Last edited:

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Your day is finally coming. Congratulations and looking forward to seeing that yellow #34 in person someday. Enjoy your whirlwind tour and post a few pictures.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Congrats Chip. Your well deserved time has come. Enjoy all the race activits and get th photos posted so we can share in your new ventures.

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Enjoy the week ahead Chip and safe travels. Looking forward to seeing photos of your car.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Excited for you Chip. Well deserved!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
awesome !! can't wait to see the pictures !!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Good for you sir Chip. I tried to imagine what would Bony post...probably contain Makers Mark toast

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Ontario

Gentlemen,

The 4 hour flight here went quickly and Terry was waiting for me in his 600HP supercharged F-150 Ford/Harley-Davidson pickup. Over Makers Mark Manhattens we jointly decided the world was going to hell in a hand basket and the best strategy to deal with that is to concentrate on cars, aircraft, boats, guns, and adventure. Forget everything else and this little road trip is a good start. Terry's home is spectacular but more impressive than that is his acquiring the Sparco gloves that Joey Hand was wearing when he won Le Mans in 2016. Those gloves fit me perfectly and it will probably be a while after I'm gone before Terry figures out they are missing!!

Am I really getting a new GT next week?!? Still doesn't seem real. Cheers.

Chip

Attachments

• IMG_3737.jpg
    IMG_3737.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_3739.jpg
    IMG_3739.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 331
Last edited: