VIN 00098 Scheduled for Delivery on Tuesday.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
The 300 mile update.
I have put approximately 300 miles on the vehicle. I Still have the blue painters tape on for protection and the Gorilla Tape on the outside of the front door ducts that Bernardo installed at delivery. I Installed the 'GTGuys /Rich Brooks' Mesh Screens in the air ducts 2 days ago at the ICON Garage with DBK. We did need to use two of the longer screws for proper retention / thread bite. Weather here has been good so I have been driving it a bit. Rainy today.

I did a full wet suds wash yesterday with a water hose and Turtle Wax ICE> This car has many crevices and areas that retain water. When you open the doors water comes out of the doors and mirrors. I find you really appreciate the curves of a vehicle when you hand wash it in your driveway.

The car draws a crowd everywhere as you can imagine. Proud to say it is a FORD GT and in most cases it leads to a longer conversation regarding my career at Ford, our Ford GT Forum, Rallies to Las Vegas and Utah and California ...on and on...and how we drive our cars..even an "X-plan Friends and Family" request for an F-Series.

Performance: I am still in the 'break-in " mode. But at high idle and even at normal 750 rpm idle, this thing wants to 'jump' if you do not have the brake on.!
The performance sound of the exhaust is unique. Even at 4000 rpm it is a distinctive 'bark'. The paddle shift even in normal mode is much fun. The smile never leaves my face.!
Water temperature stays pretty much at 190 -194 F. Oil pressure varies in normal range 32 psi hot - 90 cold.
There are so many cooling fans that come on and off that at times it sounds like a police siren behind your car. The car seems to have 'smoothed-out' in 300 miles.

Comfort: the seats and ability to move the pedal box, column etc are superb.... The car is much more 'crisp or harsh' than our 2005 - 2006 GT's .
I drove both My 2006 and 2017 cars back-to-back yesterday to ICON Garage... I told DBK and Mike that the 05-06 is like driving a Continental vs the 2017.
A ''Mark McGowan and Rocketman'' type cross country trip in the 2017 GT would be a bit more difficult than in the 05-06 I would think..

Well - that is all for now . Hope to get some more miles this weekend. Heading out to my garage, pull up a chair , sip on a coffee and smile.!

andy (ajb)

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Great feedback Andy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I’m pretty close to duplicating you selections - it is so close to matching my 06 blue/white stripe with red calipers. The car looks gorgeous!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Thanks for the info Andy. Enjoy her before the weather gets nasty!