375 HP Ford GT in FIA WEC

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's what the GT was running in the Mexico City WEC race. 375 hp. Also known as less than my Lincoln Continental daily driver, or a tuned Focus. :facepalm: :rofl :rofl:rofl

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/cota-pre-race-notebook-3/

Nair revealed the Ford GT was limited to roughly 375 horsepower in Mexico City, due to the altitude compensation for turbocharged cars. The road car, by comparison, produces 647 horsepower.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Is that an altitude adjusted value?? Wow!!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Totally ridiculous and puts the best designed GT ever uncompetitive against other cars designed like a block of wood with more power and less weight! I'll be totally surprised if Ford continues this path.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I really admire Ford for trying to win in a system obviously rigged against them. I thought the cars were to have 500 HP. WEC is a joke. LMP1 is doomed. LMP2 almost won LeMans for Pete's sake. It would appear that the fan base is inversely proportional to the amount of BoP adjustments made to the entrants in GT-Pro.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Honestly, every car had lower power in Mexico so there has to be some adjustment for the altitude, I just think it's funny these are the top global class of sports car racing, and the most high tech car out there is running less than a big chunk of road legal daily driver sedans and trucks.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
It is a shame to waste such a great car that can't show its potential. Ford has to be bitterly dissapoined in the system.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
It's obvious the politicking has gotten out of hand with the WEC. Instead of making the cars competitive and letting them race, they are fixing the results. Let's hope the powers that be wake up on the right side of the bed and allow the GT to show at least half of what it can do. Silly.

Vince H

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
It's obvious the politicking has gotten out of hand with the WEC. Instead of making the cars competitive and letting them race, they are fixing the results. Let's hope the powers that be wake up on the right side of the bed and allow the GT to show at least half of what it can do. Silly.

Vince H

There are two sides to this sword, if you watch F1 you know typically you will see one team dominate for years at a time. Ferrari, then red bull, now mercedes in recent history, and luckily this year we have some competition for Mercedes. But thats what happens when you dont have bop, you have dynasties until there is a reg change, which can lead to some boring racing cause you know who is going to win...unless it rains!

BOP, while not perfect and far from it, makes it hard to know how you will run from week to week. One week ford is the strongest, then one of the weakest due to the bop. All that said, its extremely frustrating because we know we have a really fast car, most likely the fastest uncorked by a lot. It seems silly to reward old tech to stay in the game (ahem...Aston),. but it does make for unpredictability. We are sitting atop the points, lets hope we can close out the season with the championship. We should have some favorable races ahead....in theory lol!

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Same as NASCAR, this is not racing, the spectators are running out like the track is on fire.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Now I really regret missing the 2016 LeMans event. There will never be another like it. So I won't be going to future WEC events either.

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
There are two sides to this sword, if you watch F1 you know typically you will see one team dominate for years at a time. Ferrari, then red bull, now mercedes in recent history, and luckily this year we have some competition for Mercedes. But thats what happens when you dont have bop, you have dynasties until there is a reg change, which can lead to some boring racing cause you know who is going to win...unless it rains!

BOP, while not perfect and far from it, makes it hard to know how you will run from week to week. One week ford is the strongest, then one of the weakest due to the bop. All that said, its extremely frustrating because we know we have a really fast car, most likely the fastest uncorked by a lot. It seems silly to reward old tech to stay in the game (ahem...Aston),. but it does make for unpredictability. We are sitting atop the points, lets hope we can close out the season with the championship. We should have some favorable races ahead....in theory lol!

Oops, correction we were atop the points. 4 points back now, still within reach. Finish strong.