What have you done with your new Ford GT?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hey Chip,

I have a Trailex 84180 trailer that i was interested in using when I get my NFGT. The trailer has 84" between the wheel wells and I have lift up doors on both sides so tire anchor attachment access shouldn't be a problem for me. My trailer has factory supplied 14" wheels, winch, 6" extra height added to the base model and e-trac down both sides for over the wheels car tie downs. Sounds like your Trailex model is slightly different than mine.

Based on what you have done I have some questions:
  1. With 84" between the wheel wells is this going to be enough room or would I need to modify the wheel wells to get a NFGT to fit?
  2. Do you winch your car in?
  3. Can you open the drivers door enough to get in the car or does the trailer roof prohibit opening the car door?

My trailer works perfectly fine for transporting my current GT so hope it would also work with a NFGT too.

Thanks,
Gary

Gary,

You won't have any problems as I only have 80" between my wheel wells and I don't have 6" of extra height. I winch my new GT in and I can open the drivers door (it clears but barely so I'm having the wheel wells modified) and I do not have extra height like you do but I have a pad on the side door that the door rests on. I'll post photos when I get to Atlanta. See you there.

Chip

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Hi guys, in build of my NFGT trailer.
Are you finding the wheelwells height the problem??
My drawing shows 81.5"
fec3ec88559d1bc659db769cba3edcff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Check out the ATC Quest with the removable wheel wells. I don’t have a NGT yet but I love the ease of loading and unloading with this design.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Clear paint protection finished.

Attachments

• 20181003_182124.jpg
    20181003_182124.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 236

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Clear paint protection finished.

Awesome pair !! :thumbsup

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
No width. We have 2 trailers one is 80, the other is 81" wide. There is literally an inch or so from the GT wheel to the trailer wheel well. Lots of discussion about opening the door, but you have to get the car in the trailer 1st. You need experience, patience, and a good spotter to simply get the car in. One solution is over the wheel well ramps, then you pick up the ~8" that the wheel wells creep into the trailer floor.

Are you finding the wheelwells height the problem??

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Q from a non-owner. Why do most owners park with the wing deployed? Airing it out? Lunch table?

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I think it is simply the "cool" factor.
I have been told to "exercise" the wing on a regular basis and not to continually leave it in the full-up deployed position for long periods of time. It is held in the "up position" by hydraulic pressure.
I deploy mine up and down regularly and also enjoy seeing and hearing it "snap" up and down at 70 or 90 mph in normal and sport mode.
Andy (ajb)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Place for beer can(s)

I dont park with wing up, as I think car looks better with it down. Sport mode, 71mph up it goes, 41mph down it goes. I will add there is a reason you have to be going 15 mph when it goes down, it goes down hard. 1st time you think someone hit the back of the car with a ball.

Why do most owners park with the wing deployed? Airing it out? Lunch table?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Check out the ATC Quest with the removable wheel wells. I don’t have a NGT yet but I love the ease of loading and unloading with this design.

I have a 32' atc with swing up door on drivers side. 102'' door. it is a tripple axle trailer. would do a split twin if i did it again as the triple is over kill for the trailer. It loads lowered gt's perfectly and is awesome to get in and out of car with out climbing over the seats.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Scottsdale Cars & Coffee

Gentlemen,

After our usual blistering hot summer it was finally cool and nice last Saturday at Cars & Coffee in north Scottsdale. I took both GT’s and displayed them together. Peggy got a real kick out of driving the new GT and loved all the attention both on the road and at the show. As usual the GT’s were a big hit and the little ones enjoyed getting a new yellow GT with black stripes to take home. Cheers.

Chip

Attachments

• 882028C4-7C89-41EF-B0E2-5E8E718FD7BD.jpg
    882028C4-7C89-41EF-B0E2-5E8E718FD7BD.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 334
  • 58BDDA7F-57B5-4BF5-95E5-CB45222F1555.jpg
    58BDDA7F-57B5-4BF5-95E5-CB45222F1555.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 330
  • EC22B83A-F1BE-4189-922A-485358F984CA.jpg
    EC22B83A-F1BE-4189-922A-485358F984CA.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 333

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
leaving it down can cause heat damage to the brake light under the wing since it sits right above the exhaust...

Q from a non-owner. Why do most owners park with the wing deployed? Airing it out? Lunch table?

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
leaving it down can cause heat damage to the brake light under the wing since it sits right above the exhaust...

A fix is coming for that.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
All I have been able to do with mine is to install the rock screens on the front vents. I have new colored seat belts, red paddle shifters and custom floor mats to install when the car returns from Xpel install next Monday. Only had time to put 7 miles on it before it headed to the wrap shop.

Guessing I need to have the windows tinted a bit as well.

Forgot... I also have new Dunlop tires to swap out with the OEM's on Tuesday next week

Can't wait to start showing it off and letting everyone else enjoy the awesome piece of artwork Ford created!

Last edited:

Hugger

Sep 6, 2016
NOLA
https://postimg.cc/fVb4CwYy

Mahonys Seafood and Po Boy in the heart of the French Quarter of New Orleans. A 2005 Blue Ford Gt, alongside a 2018 Race Red Ford GT J152.

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Crazy!

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Those two GTs belong to Jim Huger. He is the CEO of Premium Parking & a car collector. Those GTs won't get any miles on them but they will be seen by thousands of people. Think of all those chicken strip & fries greasy little kid fingerprints on the NGT! The barricade needs to be further out! Huger bought the original restaurant in the Uptown area but just opened this one in the Quarter.

Ed

Attachments

• o5x6zc5tltq11.jpg
    o5x6zc5tltq11.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 204

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Those two GTs belong to Jim Huger. He is the CEO of Premium Parking & a car collector. Those GTs won't get any miles on them but they will be seen by thousands of people. Think of all those chicken strip & fries greasy little kid fingerprints on the NGT! The barricade needs to be further out! Huger bought the original restaurant in the Uptown area but just opened this one in the Quarter.

Ed

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it was the owner (Jim/“Hugger”) who did the posting of these (his) cars. Jim- thanks for sharing, and congratulations on your killer pair of GT’s!

Hugger

Sep 6, 2016
NOLA
You are correct!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it was the owner (Jim/“Hugger”) who did the posting of these (his) cars. Jim- thanks for sharing, and congratulations on your killer pair of GT’s!

You are correct!

Tomcat

GT Owner
I KNOW where I am headed to eat as soon as I get back to the Gulf Coast!