Close

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Cool story Ic2006! I lived in Alaska for 14 years & only saw a few exotic & collector cars there & I was in the big town of Anchorage. Flathead is in Anchorage & on this forum. He has 3 '05-06 GTs in his shop along with many other cool cars. I don't think those cars get out a lot though. I almost had my '19 GT delivered to Anchorage. It would have made a great story but I changed my mind & am having delivered to NorCal now via Milliken Ford.

Alaska Ed aka Special Ed
    Holding a grudge is letting someone live rent-free in your head.

Ed you are so creative.
    Now i must rethink my lame location.

Woodward dream cruise is about to start. If i had a August delivery it would be there. 1.5 million car crazy people in one area.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    What ever it is...it's just got to go faster

GT Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sims View Post
    Cool story Ic2006! I lived in Alaska for 14 years & only saw a few exotic & collector cars there & I was in the big town of Anchorage. Flathead is in Anchorage & on this forum. He has 3 '05-06 GTs in his shop along with many other cool cars. I don't think those cars get out a lot though. I almost had my '19 GT delivered to Anchorage. It would have made a great story but I changed my mind & am having delivered to NorCal now via Milliken Ford.

Alaska Ed aka Special Ed
    All that I can say, Ed, is: "Wow, what a State!!!" And I had been there before, too. This trip, however, was far superior my previous visit!

Everyone had told us that we would ruin our Cobras on Alaska's lousy roads, that it rains all of the time in Alaska, and that we should take loads of insect repellent to combat the absolutely relentless mosquitoes. So, out of fear, I took five new bottles of insect repellent to Alaska.

Ha! The roads were great, it rained a total of about a day and a half scattered throughout the month, and there were almost no mosquitoes! Luckily, I found two tubes of last summer's sunscreen that had been pushed to the back of the Cobra's glove box!

I came back from Alaska with five full bottles of insect repellent and two completely empty tubes of sunscreen!

By the way, I was told many times by many Alaska residents that no new Ford GTs have been allocated to Alaska! I don't know if this is true, but I can tell you they are not happy about this! One of the guys on our Cobra tour lives in Kenai... he applied for a NGT to no avail.

Finicky weather state Alaska - you were lucky Ic2006. I'm sorry Alaska didn't get a NGT. I really thought hard about it. I could have registered it there (no sales tax) and had a great celebration at Kendall Ford (formally Worthington Ford). I'm sure it would have been a grand Alaska party. But I'm going to register it where I live & let the Left State of California waste my sales tax monies! LOL!

Ok, let's transfer this hijack subject everyone! Only stuff about "What you've done with your NGT"

Ed
    Holding a grudge is letting someone live rent-free in your head.

GT Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sims View Post
    Finicky weather state Alaska - you were lucky Ic2006. I'm sorry Alaska didn't get a NGT. I really thought hard about it. I could have registered it there (no sales tax) and had a great celebration at Kendall Ford (formally Worthington Ford). I'm sure it would have been a grand Alaska party. But I'm going to register it where I live & let the Left State of California waste my sales tax monies! LOL!

Ok, let's transfer this hijack subject everyone! Only stuff about "What you've done with your NGT"

Ed
    I was becoming uneasy about the hijack, Ed. Some folks had asked for photos of the AK Cobra tour, so I uploaded a bunch to the "Other Ford Products" section of the Forum.
    LC

Quote Originally Posted by lc2006 View Post
    Yes, Tom was on the tour. You may have heard that his Cobra was infamously "attacked" by a grizzly bear. The Associated Press picked-up the story: https://www.postregister.com/news/na...43d7dd736.html

I have been to a few of Tom's Woody Parties, but they generally conflict with a vintage G.T. 350 Tour that I organize in the fall.
    Small world!

Reliving a little bit of history at the former F1 track of Mosport!!
    Attached Images Attached Images