What have you done with your new Ford GT?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Ford Executives made a concerted effort to put the new GT into the hands of genuine enthusiasts who would drive, show, rally, track, travel, post about, and generally have them out in the public eye. People who will be great "Brand Ambassadors" for the Ford Motor Company. Ford made a good call here as GT Forum members have been the most active and public 2017 GT owners by far (Jay Leno too of course but he is also a Forum member). In just 11 days I will join the ranks of owners and I have two big public events already lined up.

Actions speak louder than words SO....post up here and tell us what you have done with your new GT. DBK's Riviera Blue GT has generated more social media buzz than Kim Kardashian's butt and he's been a one man media blitz for the Ford Motor Company. Publicity will continue to grow as our members take delivery and fan out across the US and Canada to show them off.

I can assure you that Ford will take note of what gets posted here so take some photos at events and write a few lines about them. And not just one time. Whenever you go to a cool auto enthusiast gathering, post up. It's probably the best way you can say "Thank You" for the rare and coveted opportunity to buy a new Ford GT. All the best.

Chip

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Made two shows last Saturday Houston Recovery Coffee & Cars early morning then Chick Filet car display in Kemah, Texas in the evening. My Girl was the hit of both!

Attachments

• IMG_5193.JPG
    IMG_5193.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 3,127
  • IMG_2597.jpg
    IMG_2597.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 3,134
  • IMG_5176.jpg
    IMG_5176.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 3,112
Reactions: McFord

Fasferrari

Sep 1, 2017
Avon, CT
I am a new GT forum member. I live in Avon, CT and I am a member
of the Ferrari Club of America , New England Region having
served as President for 4 years.
I will soon be receiving my new Ford GT. How do I learn of events
of the GT Forum members, preferrably in CT or neighboring
States?
I had a 2005 GT as well as a 1955 Ford Tbird when I was in
college.
I am hoping to get the new Heritage livery.
Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
b50ca8d21bb11fe063682ff0cdbcf199.jpg

Lime Rock Historic's Labor Day

Last edited by a moderator:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Unfortunately still in the stage of dreaming about the new GT (waiting for the second wave of applying), but already looking forward to show it off. Here in germany only very few people are able to connect the dots between Ford and the GT. Most are stunned that the 05/06 isn't some sort of replica but an actual production car.

This is the closest I could get to the new GT (Wednesday at IAA Frankfurt), wish I could have jumped in and drove it off :driving:

IMG_1710.jpg

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I am a new GT forum member. I live in Avon, CT and I am a member
of the Ferrari Club of America , New England Region having
served as President for 4 years.
I will soon be receiving my new Ford GT. How do I learn of events
of the GT Forum members, preferrably in CT or neighboring
States?
I had a 2005 GT as well as a 1955 Ford Tbird when I was in
college.
I am hoping to get the new Heritage livery.
Thank you very much.
Welcome to this wonderful and wacky crewe. The best way to find out about events is to visit this site often, and click on "What's New." Round about March of 2018, Dave Bannister "DBK" will make an announcement of the next annual Ford GT Rally. Others will post messages about anything they have planned in their neighborhoods.

Fasferrari

Sep 1, 2017
Avon, CT
Thank you Pete. I will carefully check the posts on this forum.
Best wishes.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
July 4th Babbitt Ford Car Show, Flagstaff, new and old GT's (both won- best in class and best of show), Sedona Car Club Airport Car and Air Show, FordGTForum Rally 12, now 5100 miles on odometer, getting ready for Mojave Spaceport Shootout next weekend. Probably over a thousand pictures and vids taken on roads and shows. I have just about perfected seeing a smart phone come up to someones face in another car, than hitting sport mode to flip up wing, accelerate, brake hard and deploy air brake, then back to normal to drop the wing. Reactions are fun.

NJS

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 23, 2017
SE Michigan
Approaching 6 months with the car -- unfortunately the "Car season" is pretty short here in Michigan. Didn't drive it until Easter and took a partial (car) family shot. Then did 10 Car shows/C&C followed by Rally 12.

Went to High Octane Detroit in Birmingham today -- the 12th Car Show/C&C this year. 2141 miles on the car, including 360 miles on the track. Rally 12 was the highlight of almost 6 fantastic months with this car.

Went to the gas station on the way home today, and a nervous 6 year old came over with his dad -- his dad wanted a photo -- I told the kid to get in the drivers seat for the photo :) Made his day -- Hopefully a future Ford customer!

Attachments

• IMG_2589.jpg
    IMG_2589.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 2,813
  • Dar.jpg
    Dar.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 2,896
Last edited:

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
That's great..

Is that DBK's car parked in front of the black GT or is a Le Mans blue 2017 GT??

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Didn't drive it until Easter and took a partial (car) family shot. Then did 10 Car shows/C&C followed by Rally 12.

Love the shot! I also have an RS and get a kick out of seeing one next to a NGT and 350R. Looks like it could eat the other two sitting there at that angle! All superb cars though and each very unique.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
At the Houston Recovery Coffee & Cars on Sept. 9 my GT was distanced from the public by about 10 feet as the crowds were very big. As I was visiting with a friend and GT Forum member during the show out of the corner of my eye a little boy about 12 years old was standing with his father was motioning at me to come over to him. As I approached him he showed me a picture on his cell phone of a picture of him when he was 6 yrs. old with my 06 GT at a Coffee & Cars function at the same location. He told me how proud he was of that picture and ask if he could have a picture taken with my New GT. I took he and his father under the barricade, opened the door and let him sit in the GT as his father took pictures. That young man was elated as was his father. I don't know who was more excited, them or me. We visited for about 20 minutes and he knew everything about the New GT, even more than I. That made my weekend. The reason for me owning this GT came back to me 10 times just from that meeting. I'm sure there will be even more great experiences ahead of me while owning my New Girl # H045 and I can't wait.

Attachments

• IMG_5155.JPG
    IMG_5155.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 819

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
What have you done with your 2017 GT?

That's great..

Is that DBK's car parked in front of the black GT or is a Le Mans blue 2017 GT??

I see DBK standing next to NJS in the picture so my vote is "yes"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTS

GT Owner
Apr 11, 2008
Hastings, Nebraska
Spent the last 4 days giving rides in the GT on track at Motorsports Park Hastings to generate donations for children's charities.

21463397_10213957676636763_5227999236782195359_n.jpg

21558766_10213957678196802_6196063897545881184_n.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Won't bore you with pics of it all. Did my part in 2017 to get this mofo on the road as much as possible.

Since June -

1800 miles

Monterey Car Week
McCall Motorworks Revival
Exotics on Cannery Row
The Quail - A Motorsports Gathering
GT Rally 12
Bunch of C&Cs
Taken a couple big YouTubers out for rides and generated hundreds of thousands of views from it
Also taken some random excited strangers and plenty of GT owners out for rides

I've seen my car so much on Instagram I'm sick of seeing it! Ok, almost. I'm happy that the regular ass forum dudes are out there driving them. Look forward to seeing many more. 2018 Rally is gonna be a bonanza. Just think, we had 9 new GTs driving hundreds of miles all over Utah and the track with almost none on the road. When was the last time you saw 9 LaFerraris together? Paid an arm and a leg to get Krispy to film Rally 12 so we could show people these generations out there together on the road and track.

Reactions: canibl

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
It's exciting to hear that everyone is out there driving and showing off their new beauties. Can't wait to do the same.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Was hoping to do some Ford charities this coming spring 2018.
Got the letter...maybe hope for spring 2019.
So I just keep a 1/2 mill in the check book for a few years.

Then i'll be happy to to show some video.
Maybe us 4 horseman in Michigan can get together to do some cool Woodward footage

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Spent the last 4 days giving rides in the GT on track at Motorsports Park Hastings to generate donations for children's charities.

View attachment 47936

You are a star Sir

Reactions: roketman

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Paid an arm and a leg to get Krispy to film Rally 12 so we could show people these generations out there together on the road and track.

Dave,

Speaking of that, when will we be able to see the finished video?

Chip

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
glad to see the car being used for its intended purpose. you guys have done a great job being the early ambassadors for this car and the brand,

so who's installing NOS first ? :)