TVR Griffith returns

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Interesting. It reminds me of the 289 powered Sunbeam Tiger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Not a really fan of the headlights or front end, but the rest of the car looks great. Glad they did not take the easy way out by going with a GM engine.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
So exciting for those of us who are fans of TVR.

The new Griffith 500 sounds like it could be great - smaller and lighter than a Cayman with 500- plus Ford horses (massaged by Cosworth). I just hope they will be imported into the US in a couple model years

Would go well with other vintage Ford powered cars like Pantera, Mangusta, Tiger and original Griffith 400- I know I would be interested in getting one

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Glad they did not take the easy way out by going with a GM engine.

+1

If the headlights lost that downward triangle shape, it would help a lot.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Not a really fan of the headlights or front end, but the rest of the car looks great. Glad they did not take the easy way out by going with a GM engine.

Definitely - the 1960s Griffiths were Ford powered.

Interesting fact- Jack Griffith (for whom the Griffiths were named) was a Ford dealer.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
With all due respect to my good friends across the pond, I wouldn't buy a TVR unless it came with a lifetime warranty and a spare car.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Lucas, the prince of Darkness still lives?

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Can't beat the designer's resume Gordon Murray.

I went round the factory in Blackpool back when I was thinking of a Griffith 500 in the 90s. The wiring harnesses were being made by a gang of little old ladies who were wrapping wires around nails in a sheet of pkywood and then hand-taping them together. I decided to buy something else...

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Finally, a full size Miata !