S. Florida GT's & Irma

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Move your stuff while you can and be safe.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Move it where? Back to Park City? :lol

What Hurricane Irma s Track Forecast Could Mean for Florida  Georgia  South Carolina and North C.jpg

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Don't take any chances with this BAD BOY. Don't wait until you can't get out as many did here in Texas. Watch, listen and pay attention to all reports of movement as these storms are very unpredictable. Our experience should be a great lesson for others!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Move it where? Back to Park City? :lol

View attachment 47692

If nothing else I'd move my vehicle to the parking garage on Alton and 5th if I was in Miami Beach....

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I would guess the roads are already packed and barely moving?

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I wouldn't think so yet but I'm not there.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
GTs that I know of in south Florida. I'm sure there are a LOT more.

Much of the area west of I-75 and east of I-95 is designated flood evacuation zone A and B. Zone A would likely be inundated with a storm surge of 7-12 feet. Zone B is 12-15 feet. Hurricane Charley caused an eight foot storm surge.

So far, it looks like wind and storm surge will be the big deal with Irma. Rain to a lesser extent unless Irma stalls as Harvey did.

flgt.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

Looks like very light traffic on US 1 in the Keys right now.

keys.jpg

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

According to news today, tourists and non-resident are to leave this morning followed by residents after 7 tonight. Officials are trying to avoid a one lane road traffic jam. It's going to be nasty. Be safe my Florida friends.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
A friend way down (Big Pine) had a flight to get out tomorrow to TN. Flights are all done out of KW (at least starting tomorrow). He is now driving north to Daytona to start with (family there). They mandated that tourists get out a day or 2 ago.

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
My NFGT (#43)
is still in the truck and NOT coming home to Palm Beach until this guessing game is over!

It was at Lime Rock for the Historics. No track time while there ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Gary, what are you and Amy's plans???

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Gary, what are you and Amy's plans???
Hunker down. Preparing one bay of the garage for the chickens. Hotel reservations if we have to bail out.

We are latest code and on relatively high ground. Never been seriously tested though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Tomy, if all you folks that have been trapped by bad weather had to do it, move to nice, flat safe Illinois.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Tomy, if all you folks that have been trapped by bad weather had to do it, move to nice, flat safe Illinois.

Yes. Home of the world champion Cubs.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

It's hot as hell in the summer here, delightful all winter, and no hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, locust swarms, black plague, drought, or whatnot EVER in Arizona. No salt on the roads too.

Chip

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You do have Hanta virus, rattlesnakes and the Cardinals.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Gentlemen,

It's hot as hell in the summer here, delightful all winter, and no hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, locust swarms, black plague, drought, or whatnot EVER in Arizona. No salt on the roads too.

Chip

What about a Haboob?

Hope things go out with a wimper in Florida, fingers crossed.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Gentlemen,

Chip

Vegas too, Chip :)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
What about a Haboob?

Hope things go out with a wimper in Florida, fingers crossed.

Haboobs are monster dust storms. We get them here too, but nothing compared to the ones in Phoenix. And while scary looking the effect is you get lots of dust on the coffee table and it's over. Nothing like a hurricane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYnuzoH5oBA

We also like phoenix get the monsoon storms along with the accompanying flash floods.

Last edited: