Thank You Ford GT Forum

Mark McGowan

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 31, 2006
So after 10 days and 4000 miles Lynn and I made it back to home Wednesday night. Crunching the numbers we averaged 500+ miles per day including the track day (we only drove 8 of the 10 days).
I wanted to thank the Ford GT Forum and especially Chip Beck for my award, I am very humbled by this award and it will be hanging it in a very prominent place at our home (when we complete the renovation). Like I always said the Ford GT was the car that brought us all together, it really is a great tight knit family and I am proud to be a part of it. Thank you again everyone this really means a lot to me.

Attachments

• 20170901_074434.jpg
    20170901_074434.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 458

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Congrats on the award!!! Well deserved! You have been a great friend and asset to the GT community. When in the history of time has a dead battery been such a good thing back at R1.

How the heck did you get it home?

Great Stuff!

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Welcome home Mark and congrats again. its a lot harder driving that mileage than flying it huh? :)

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Well deserved my friend!
Andy and Margaret (ajb)

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
It was such a pleasure meeting you and Lynnette. I can see why the GT community holds you in such high praise Mark. Thank you for making mine and Carol's first rally so memorable.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Mark, thank you for being a part of making the 2005-06 FGT happen! It was a pleasure to meet you and to hear some of the stories from the early days of the program.

Kenneth

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
So happy for you Mark, well deserved for sure for all you do,for all of us!

Attachments

• IMG_2567.jpg
    IMG_2567.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 406

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Mark,
Thanks again for all you do especially taking Matt on the track. It is always a pleasure seeing Lynn and you.
D&G

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Well deserved! Mollie cant stop talking about her ride with you on the track. She is hooked!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Special Award for a Special Guy - Congratulations Mark.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Glad you made it home safe! You're an awesome guy. The reward is well deserved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Chip hit this right on the head, Congratulations and well deserved! We are all so appreciative for all of the selfless things you have done, and continue to do. You and Lynn epitomize what this Ford GT Forum family is all about. Love you guys!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Thank you Chip and Dave for giving this award to Mark on the Forum's behalf.

Mark you are as good as it gets and we are the ones lucky enough to count you and Lyn as our friends. Thank you for giving so much to so many of us with your time and knowledge. It is a testament to the type of person you are. I have to say every time I see you step out of your GT everything seems right in the world. The honor is all ours.

Vince and Susan Hott

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
So well deserved Mark! Thank you for all that you have done and continue to do for our community!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Ditto to all of the above..!! You're the best! Happy to hear you made it home safely !!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Special Award for a Special Guy - Congratulations Mark.

I agree with :eek:ld:, wise, :driving: champ here .....

:cheers
Anders

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Chip hit this right on the head, Congratulations and well deserved! We are all so appreciative for all of the selfless things you have done, and continue to do. You and Lynn epitomize what this Ford GT Forum family is all about. Love you guys!

What he said!! Thank you Mark!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I only wish I got a picture of the look on your face when they said your name! It was awesome!
No one more deserving than you Mark!
I am honored to be your friend!You sure have been a great friend to me !
As I have always said you are Mr Ford Gt !
Love and adore you!
Ron and Mandy

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
AMEN Ron!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX