Cracked rear glass

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
My car has been at a Ford dealership for 4 weeks just for this repair!! They received broken piece of replacement glass initially, then have been questioning the need for replacement of the rubber stripping at the bottom of the glass and in spite of repeatedly telling them that the glass is glued in, the are discussing with Detroit how to proceed. I gave them Rich Brooks phone number weeks ago, and only recently have they tried to contact him! Very disgusted! Shoud have shipped car to Rich instead!
2 days to get the glass and 1 day install. ridiculous. sounds like they may have employee issues.

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Ultimately took 7 weeks!! Needless to say, they will not be considered as delivery dealer when I need to designate for the NFGT!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Why is this a rally thread?

Ed

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Why is this a rally thread?

Ed

Guessing because all of the glass cracked while at the last rally.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
correct - several of us , myself included, came down with the 'cracked rear glass disease" at the Utah Rally 12.

No 'root cause' of the cracking was determine... . but replacement is sort of like doing a 'root canal " on your rear window..
Ed will understand.

andy (ajb)

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
correct - several of us , myself included, came down with the 'cracked rear glass disease" at the Utah Rally 12.

No 'root cause' of the cracking was determine... . but replacement is sort of like doing a 'root canal " on your rear window..
Ed will understand.

andy (ajb)

My windshield cracked at Utah Rally 12. Rich fixed it. All good!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
yeah , but was that not because you took a detour into the gravel pit ??
andy (ajb)

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Andy...that was a dusty morning wasn’t it! I know this is a question for another thread but have any of you NGT owners discussed the eventuality of replacing glass in the NGT given what a PITA it has been for some of us 05/06 owners? All of my glass is subject to my general insurance deductible which @%5 of agreed value can get quite spendy. You might want to think about triple wrapping every piece of glass on your beauty . : )

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Wrapping glass would not have stopped the glass behind the cockpit. My guess was it was a mix of altitude, heat and pressure. Had my glass replaced very easily. Insurance also paid 100% of the cost!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Can't take it to a good glass repair guy and have them cut a piece and install it?

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
The rear glass on the 05 06 FGT is triple pane.
In my case the middle pane cracked horizontally and the inner and outer panes are still perfect . I do need to check with my insurance agent

Andy (ajb)

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
The rear glass on the 05 06 FGT is triple pane.
In my case the middle pane cracked horizontally and the inner and outer panes are still perfect . I do need to check with my insurance agent

Andy (ajb)

Mine did the same thing... my insurance paid 100%.