Thank you DBK rally 12

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Ditto to all of the above!!!
I miss everyone already. This was The Last of the Mohicans last night...

Attachments

• 20170827_191902.jpg
    20170827_191902.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 212

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Thanks DBK! It seems impossible but the Rally just seems to keep getting better! It sure was nice to see everyone again.

Ed

PS If I missed giving you a Rally 12 sticker send me a PM & I'll send one out to you.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Thanks DBK!!! Although I have not attended (I know, shame on me), I live vicariously until I can make it...keep it up!

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Allow me to add my thanks to those already offered. What a fantastic group of men and women to associate with! We had the chance to meet so many forum members and to reacquaint ourselves with old friends. The entire event was one fun adventure after another. There is no car community I know of that compares to the Ford GT Forum. I keep telling myself that I need to attend these every year, and I am making that commitment again now!

Thanks Dave, a job very well done.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Thanks DBK!!! Although I have not attended (I know, shame on me), I live vicariously until I can make it...keep it up!

Boy ,You don't have any idea what you are missing!

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Dave, Chip, Bill and the rest of the crew that made this happen.

I also wanted to thank Dave, Nick, Brian, Barry, Todd, the Ford marketing team and anyone I'm forgetting for sharing the experience of riding in the NFGT on the track. I can tell after a ride in the car that it far exceeds my expectations and the capabilities of any car I've ridden in! Cant wait until more are on the road.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
There is nothing that compares to the Rally. A sincere thank you to all that help to make that statement true each and every year. Trying to put it into words does not do it justice. Susan and I have the time of our lives every time we get together with everyone. The vibe, energy, relationships and experience is like no other. We count ourselves so very fortunate to call you all our friends. Henry III, DBK, Ron, Andy, Mark, Rick, Ed, Scott, Bill, Ronnie, Terry, Dave, JW, Frank, Trent, Tim, Jim, Todd, Nick, Shawn, Rex, Bennie, Fred, Mitch, Paul, John, Camilo, Carl, Karl, Mike, Rich, Chip, Tommy, Chris, Matt, AJ, Jeff, Kevin, Jerry, Seth, Anders, Stef, Brian, Drew, Steve, Vince, Donny, Elliot, Gary, Barry ........ and of course the best thing about you guys (myself included) ..... your wives ....... so good and can not wait until next epic gathering.

To those that missed this year, I just want to say that yes, it was thaaaaaaat gooooooood!!

Vince H

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Its more than good! Its special in so many ways!

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Hey Dave........you know. And all the behind the scenes guys and girls...you know too...:wink:wink:wink I would love a do over next year. Ya'll are awesome!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York

What Tom said!!!!

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Well just made it in not too long ago..... I am exhausted, but still on cloud 9 from the rally. The drive and the track were just freaking awesome! I appreciate you guys not giving me a hazing for bringing the SV!

Dave... I know we give each other a lot of shit, but I really appreciate what you do for all of us. And special thanks to all of you who support him to ensure we have a great time.

It has been said many times, but this group is special. I have never been involved with a group personally or professionally, that has so many good people. I am very fortunate to call many of you my friends that I look forward to seeing each year, some twice a year at Le Mans!:thumbsup

Each year I either meet, or get to know someone better. My only regret is that I wasn't involved from the beginning. I wish I could do the group justice in explaining just how special these rallies are to those of you that haven't been. But I know I cant.

The first time I went to a Rally it was 100% to enjoy my GT and get to see many other GTs all in one place. Now that is about 10% of the reason I go. The people and comradery are the reason why I continue to travel all over the country, in some cases the world to attend these events.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
It was great meeting and talking with you!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks DBK and Co.!

Home from an epic car adventure. The #68 car ran like a top. Drive 'em folks! This was a bucket list trip, for me.
3537 miles and smiles
Averaged 19.5 mpg for the entire trip.
Best fuel run was 23 mpg
Worst 5 mpg (on track at UMC)
Max speed was 147 mph ��
Speeding tickets - Zero.
7 states visited
One total eclipse
Countless thumbs ups and waves
Million bugs killed
Tons of beef jerky and sunflower seeds
Coffee galore

Great Rally XII with fellow FGT lovers. As the years go by, the rallies are more about the people than the car.

Kudos to the 2017 owners who brought out their cars and shared them with us.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Made it home earlier this evening and put the GT in the garage marking the official end to the rally for us.

Can't say anything that hasn't been said already, but we definitely appreciate all that went in to making this rally great. For us, one of the best in the last few years.

As mentioned above, it's the people (friends/family) that makes these events what they are. Not to take away anything from Dave for providing an unbelievable event that brings us all together. Unless you've put on even a small event like this, you can't begin to imagine the tremendous prep work, much less all the ongoing, behind the scenes, coordinating and fire fighting that goes on to keep the program rolling throughout the event. Glad to see Dave got to get out, drive, and hopefully enjoy some of the event himself. Haven't seen that as much at past Rallies.

Thanks Dave for a great event! Really enjoyed having a track day back in the mix. I thought Bill, Blake, Frank, and Nick did an awesome job of making it as smooth as possible.

Hope everyone makes it home safe, and our thoughts and prayers are with our Texas family.

GT0987

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Putting it in perspective driving home I thought what this car would be to me without the Rally's (as it was for years). It just wouldn't be the same. From France to Mark McGowan telling me on track that I couldn't hurt it, go harder (ended up finding limp mode which I didn't know it had). The cooking class says a lot about this group and that it goes beyond just the car. Enjoy it all and can't wait for the next event, anywhere will be fine.

Thanks Dave & all who assist.

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Thanks Dave, Andy and all who helped put this very enjoyable Rally 12 on! I agree with all the positive comments posted. I think this was the best one yet! Let's keep it going. Cannot wait for the next one! Wherever it is! In the mean time enjoy our GTs.

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
I got home late last night & agree whole heartedly on these comments. What a Rally, had an awesome time with old friends and some new ones as well, it just doesn't get any better than that.
Very, very greatful to be part of this amazing group of people.

Thanks again Dave, Chip, Andy and Francesca for all of your hard work and all the people who came together to make this happen.

Until we meet again!

Cheers
Trent

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Looks like Sue and I will be the last ones home and we didn't even drive our New GT home! Thanks Dave for a wonderful Rally 12 with the best friends ever. Also thanks to all those who worked so hard making this venture so rewarding and exciting for Sue and I. Things happen and you can't control Mother Nature. We have traveled from one beautiful setting to a little less beautiful setting but we are Blessed with no damage just a long trip getting home. Yes the Dukie Man will be glad to see his MaMa when we return. Thanks again to,all.

Attachments

• IMG_5122.jpg
    IMG_5122.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_5124.jpg
    IMG_5124.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2575.jpg
    IMG_2575.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 110

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Thanks, Dave! Rally was awesome! As usual! You continue to set the bar high! Thanks to Francesca & your kids for loaning you to us for a bit! Also, thanks to those two GT owners for the post last meal entertainment on Saturday night!! And finally, thank you, Luci, for having our room ready at Trinidad, NM, on return drive home to Texas!!

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Dave, Like so many said. Thank you for your efforts. Everyone so welcoming and memories to last a lifetime. Flatlanders from FL back home safe. This was Gods Country. What a beautiful place and event with something for all.