Fuel Tank Vent issuse.

samson

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2014
Harrogate TN
Hi guys I need some help with figuring out the fuel tank vent lines. For the past few months I haven't been able to pump gas into my GT, it just keeps clicking off constantly. I can disconnect the vent line near the fuel door/ under the trunk area and it takes fuel perfectly. I tried to use compressed air and tried to blow out the line " that goes under the passenger tire somewhere" and it clogged or something. Anyone know where this hose goes? or what to do? I hate to take the wheel, inner fender and anything else off if theres any easy fix

samson

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2014
Harrogate TN
Fuel vent pics

Here are some pics of the vent lines, and one sensor or something that could be an issue

Attachments

• IMG_1978.jpg
    IMG_1978.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1979.jpg
    IMG_1979.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 320

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Someone was working on a permanent fix a while back. Shadowman or the GT guys? Can't remember now.

I don't remember seeing it come to fruition.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
someone also took the assembly from a f150 and made it work on our cars. I remember seeing something about it here a while back.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
samson - as you have noticed, there are two lines nearby where you disconnected the one fitting. Both of them T together onto the vent tube attached to the fuel neck. Let's talk about what both of them are for. One (I think the one you have disconnected) is a vent tube coming directly from the fuel tank. This tube (obviously) needs to let air into the fuel tank as the car consumes fuel. The other tube - immediately adjacent to the tube you disconnected, is actually the vent line. It runs all the way back to the rear of the car and connects to a vapor purge gizmo. (I have a GT here on the lift but it is up right now with another car underneath but I will be taking it down later and I'll try to grab a picture of where this vent line is going.) You may want to insure that this line is not pinched or damaged - although it is admittedly hard to imagine how that could happen. More soon.

samson

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2014
Harrogate TN
That picture will help if you get the chance one day, right now i just leave the trunk compartment out when i need to get fuel. Take fuel like normal with the hose disconnected. Thanks for the help!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Once you get the fill line removed, the flap mechanism will be seen lying in pieces in the tube. Take the bits out and reassemble them (its self-explanatory, only triky bit id the spring). Then, when reassembled, run a short self-tapper through the plastic hinge bracket into the steel fill tube. The flap is now unable to self-destrucy again and, problem solved. I did mine a couple of years ago and its been fine ever since. Took an afternoon

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
If you cant get fuel in at all or just very slowly, and all the inlet system is still functioning. There is a one way flap just inside the filler neck at the tank. That is Tank side of the filler hose . I have had a tank converted to left side fill so I have seen it. May be worth a look. Involves removing the hose between the filler neck and the tank. You can push the flap with a thick piece of wire to check it is not jammed closed. I guess its there to stop fuel coming from the tank in an accident or roll over. Good Luck