Monterrey Car Weekend Suggestions?

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Gentlemen,

I found myself in the Bay Area this weekend and I'm thinking of driving down solo this morning or tomorrow morning to Monterrey to spend the day. Sadly, I have never been, so I am looking for recommendations. I would love to see the red heritage or Dave's if it's out and about today. I'd rather not drop $375 tomorrow for Concours because of late afternoon plans, but I am open to anything else.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Pretty sure Concorse is sold out tomorrow, but I heard some Forum members got tickets to events on Craig's list. The new Heritage was parked on Cannery Row last night with DBK' s NFGT. The Exotics on Cannery Row is in it's second year, and being a free event, was crazy busy. There is an event going on today at the Inn At Spanish Bay. I'm headed over there soon.

If you're looking to see the event just come on down to Monterey with your GT and tonight places like Cannery Row and Ocean Avenue in Carmel will have lots of exotic cars cruising around and driving the GT you become your own show.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Absolutely, positively, without doubt get in your car; push the pedal down and GO!

There are literally dozens of FREE events all over the area:

https://www.seemonterey.com/events/sporting/concours/#sm.000196foqutu7fnmxkq2c5j8rrei3

People literally spend 30 mins at each parking lot, looking at other parkers collector cars !

ALL the auctions have free previews today outside.

Itinerary

1-Lunch:
- Laguna Seca Raceway (Races/Corral/padock)
OR
-Consorso
2-Late afternoon-Fishermans Wharf Marina area hotels hosting auctions: Mecum/RM/Russo (Hyatt, Portola, etc)
3-Dinner on Cannnery Row: Chart House
4- After Dinner: hang out/cocktails outside marina as cars drive into auctions....

Concorso Italiano
https://concorso.com/

Sun

Take a leisurely drive along Carmel / 18 mile drive

Get me a vintage race poster....for this free Travel Agenting

Last edited: