Passenger Leg Room

NJS

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 23, 2017
SE Michigan
The New GT has a passenger footrest, that limits leg room for tall passengers. It's easy to remove, increases leg room by approx 12" -- and reduces weight by 2.5 lbs :wink

There is a flat Carbon Fiber Panel behind it that provides access to a fuse box. I covered that panel to avoid scratches. Turns out the footrest is there to protect un-belted passengers in a crash.

The other beneit of removal is that the footrest will get scratched up if left in place with frequent use.

Attachments

• IMG_4439.jpg
    IMG_4439.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 398

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
NJS,

I'm glad you posted this. I've spent nearly an hour in the passenger seat of a new Ford GT and with that foot rest in place there is not enough leg room and I'm only 5'11". A tall passenger would get uncomfortable after 30 minutes or so without removing that rest.

Chip

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
That sounds like a needed removal. Wonder if Lloyds mats will have a template w and w/o footrest....

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
If removing it increases legroom by 12", would there be enough room to install a modified foot rest that is closer to the carbon fiber panel?

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
put the same wrap on the outside of the car on this carbon piece as well to protect it.
I did this on the bottom part of door ring on my 06

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
You mean easy to remove once you undo the four twist latches that hold the fuse panel cover and remove that, exposing the two 10 mm nuts that hold the footrest in place. Took care of a major rattle too.

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
I know that the pedals adjust on the drivers side but has any folks in the 6'2" range driven one yet and how is it? Thanks.

NJS

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 23, 2017
SE Michigan
I'm 6' 3" my son is 6' 5" Pedal position is fine for both of us...

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I'm 6' 3" my son is 6' 5" Pedal position is fine for both of us...

Good to hear, as I'm 6'4"-6'5" depending on the day

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I need it for the drivers side!

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY