Audio System info?

progers9119

Oct 24, 2016
Hi all,

This is something I haven't yet found information about. Anyone know the number of speakers, speaker locations, wattage etc? Obviously the competition series deletes this equipment but I'm curious if anyone knows what is standard?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
On what car? New GT? Who do think is going to listen to it? People don't use the radios they have in their current cars.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hell I can't even set the stations on my New GT radio. Today I had to go purchase a new set of Screw driver head on a 3/8 " socket set to put my license plates on. All my toools are outdated just like me. I'll bet others have had the same problem but won't admit it? Socket has a multi point star shape?? For sure no one is going to steel my plates! Ha

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
They're called Torx, and yeah almost all new stuff has them instead of Phillips. You need to update your tool kit!

progers9119

Oct 24, 2016
On what car? New GT? Who do think is going to listen to it? People don't use the radios they have in their current cars.

I'm sure after an hour or two trip someone would want to get some music going haha. The engine sounds great but during a cruise can get monotonous no matter how great it sounds.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Torx is inferior compared to regular type philips screws, good gripe and doesn't wear out as fast.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I think you intended to say that Torx screws are superior to philips screws to which I would wholeheartedly agree to.