2018 Heritage Edition... so good.

Aug 3, 2017
Hilton Head, SC
I read the interior description but wonder if any photos will come out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Got a email from Ford the other day asking me if I would like to be considered to be chosen to get a 18 Heritage car. Not sure if I should respond back to be considered or not the car is very pretty and special of course but I was kind of looking forward to possibly doing a custom color with carbon wheels. What opinions do you guys have on the matter.

Attachments

• 90e1cd096b39eed4ad0bcf21721da0a0.jpg
    90e1cd096b39eed4ad0bcf21721da0a0.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 363

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
You are only going to do this once. Buy what you want and screw everyone else's opinion. I had the option of buying a Heritage NFGT and I knew it would probably be worth more $ sometime in the future than a yellow car. But that doesn't mean anything unless I watched somebody else drive away in my GT years from now and that's not gonna happen. I knew what I wanted and it's in my garage right now. If I had a Heritage GT sitting next to #34 I wouldn't be as happy. Make your own choice and drive your own car. Your opinion is the only one that matters. If you REALLY want a red #1 Heritage then order it. At least 25 others will have the exact same GT. If not, leave those to the members that really want one.

Chip

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Painfully wanted the 66 heritage, timing didn't work out for us. Was offered 67 heritage, just cant do red. Seeing it at SEMA its gorgeous, but confirmed further its, not for us. We went PTS. Will show what we went with in a couple short months.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Got a email from Ford the other day asking me if I would like to be considered to be chosen to get a 18 Heritage car. Not sure if I should respond back to be considered or not the car is very pretty and special of course but I was kind of looking forward to possibly doing a custom color with carbon wheels. What opinions do you guys have on the matter.

Tell them to call me or Frankie! :)
When the first pics came out for the red #1, I called my concierge person to get on the “I’m interested list”.
Like Chip said, follow your passion.

Last edited:

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
If there's a list for the 67 heritage I want to be on it!

Now whether us Europeans can have it I don't know, still. First person to say talk to your concierge gets a Chinese burn and a wedgy :wink Just for clarity I'm not having a go, but we don't know any more than we did 2 years ago which is disappointing.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Get what you desire, all will be valuable..

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
I got the email as well, hoping for the best to get one!

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
I love the new heritage Red car. You are a creative guy as seen with your current FGT. I would love to see what custom color you choose.
I also would have a tough time choosing between the heritage and custom color Unfortunately I have not been chosen to get a car yet. I would most likely lean toward the color I have in mind I have a great Ford color that I would love to do and know it will be the only one that looks like that.
Whatever your choice is you will be happy with as you are very lucky to have the opportunity to own that car.:thumbsup

Dominic

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I love the new heritage Red car. You are a creative guy as seen with your current FGT. I would love to see what custom color you choose.
I also would have a tough time choosing between the heritage and custom color Unfortunately I have not been chosen to get a car yet. I would most likely lean toward the color I have in mind I have a great Ford color that I would love to do and know it will be the only one that looks like that.
Whatever your choice is you will be happy with as you are very lucky to have the opportunity to own that car.:thumbsup

Dominic

I really hope you get a car Dominic. Ford has some great colors to pick from. There are 2 or 3 historical colors that I think would look killer on the GT.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Going to try to contact the concierge tomorrow and talk about it some I guess. Don't know if I was really worried about the value of the car later just think it would be cool to own the Heritage version. Wish I had made it to Sema to see the car in person now. Looks like it's a brighter color red then the 05 06 red was correct?

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
I really hope you get a car Dominic. Ford has some great colors to pick from. There are 2 or 3 historical colors that I think would look killer on the GT.

Thanks Paul :thumbsup will give it best shot. Can not wait till yours arrives and see it in person.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I don't know how anyone could turn down a throwback scheme with numbered roundels, from the factory!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I don't know how anyone could turn down a throwback scheme with numbered roundels, from the factory!

I turned it down. But then, I’ve never been accused of being the sharpest tool in the shed.

Chip