Checking supercharger oil

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I didn't find this in the search function either (and I may be using it wrong), but I'd be surprised if it's not in there somewhere. I also couldn't find the answer to this simple question in the shop manual either.

So, How do you check the supercharger oil level? And is there a recommended change interval?

As for using the search function, what is the correct syntax for a search of say, "checking supercharger oil"?

Thanks,

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Allen plug on front right of snout. Check oil at 30k miles.

Forum search function is pretty much worthless. Google search is much better. Here's the syntax:

"check supercharger oil" site:www.fordgtforum.com

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Thanks.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
A couple of things while you're at it. With a cool engine and an un-gloved hand, feel along the underside of the SC "snout" from the body of the SC out to the pulley. It should be dry. If there's oil, look down to the "waffle iron" casting of the intake manifold and see if there are any oil pools in these waffle iron rectangles. If all dry (most cars), then proceed to check the oil just to be safe.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Dry there. The oil level is just below the plug hole. Almost everything else on the car is Metric, but the plug is 3/16 Allen. Go figure.

Thanks again.