Whipple 4L performance question

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I will post pics of your mods once they start taking place.
He is not a troll guys..., :)

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Perhaps GVSMEWD is available in your state.

VanityPlate.jpg

ItsDocJim

Aug 12, 2017
Thanks Shelby :)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
How many letters/numbers in your vanity plates?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I will post pics of your mods once they start taking place.
He is not a troll guys..., :)

maybe your trolling us now :)

as for license plate, I would put 55 and a smiley face

I suppose its just a matter of time before the states will allow emojis on license plates?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I suppose its just a matter of time before the states will allow emojis on license plates?

As long as the emoji has a GPS transponder;

https://www.motorists.org/alerts/ntsb-wants-turn-highways-profit-police-state-nma-e-newsletter-447/

:frown

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

the time when big brother becomes big stalker

ItsDocJim

Aug 12, 2017
7 letters/numbers

ItsDocJim

Aug 12, 2017
I could do IIIIIII for the prison bars I will be behind if they catch me at full speed :)

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
My 4.0 litre Whipple just crapped it's pants... LOL Sent it in to Whipple and they said it spun the bearing on the rotors as well as the housing. parts are NFG. Only good piece is the snout. Should be back running next week. That being said I love it. 79,159 miles on my car up here in Canada and 45k of those were Whippled. Yes I have gone backwards into third and jumped a few curbs, but damn it is fun to drive. Whipple as well as Borla have been awesome in dealing with. Just my $.02

ItsDocJim

Aug 12, 2017
Sorry to hear about your whipple. Glad to hear you are getting it fixed. Sounds like you are really enjoying the car. I can wait. I figure just under 2 weeks until I have my own and can stop driving brother's.

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
I got 715 at 19psi, 740 at 22.
795@22 on e85 all with 3.4l whipple.
Also have cold air intake. Looks cool, but made minimal power iirc.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
IMG_2554.jpgJust a quick note- anyone looking for a Whipple should always check with Shelby first. he puts some of his "for sale" cars back to production stock and has taken off some Whipple systems in the process. He cut me a hell of a deal on my polished 3.4l system. included everything and even the tuner and mafia switch (fools the air sensor on the inlet hose- mandatory) I'm at 720 HP and it's a total blast! Accufab T/B, K&Ns and Ford Racing Muffler and super tune! plenty for the street for me. Call Shelby before dropping $9K-$10K jmho

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I got 715 at 19psi, 740 at 22.
795@22 on e85 all with 3.4l whipple.
Also have cold air intake. Looks cool, but made minimal power iirc.

Do you use a Boost-a-Pump?

GT40KID

Jan 2, 2017
Switzerland
Do you use a Boost-a-Pump?

Do you need a boost pump with smaller than 4L?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Do you need a boost pump with smaller than 4L?

I don't believe it is a requirement. I see it as a horsepower produced equation and when closing in on 750rwhp, it would probably be a good insurance policy.

That's why I wondered if peiserg was using one.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Our customer Ron Cline with the green GT has had a 4 ltr whipple we installed many years ago when his car had around 10k miles on it. The car now has close to 60,000 miles. No boost a pump and he's never had a single issue with his car or the whipple ever.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Our customer Ron Cline with the green GT has had a 4 ltr whipple we installed many years ago when his car had around 10k miles on it. The car now has close to 60,000 miles. No boost a pump and he's never had a single issue with his car or the whipple ever.

I admit, I am paranoid.

Inadequate fuel for the power level can be so catastrophic. I thought a BaP was required for 4.0L and/or 750hp. I have a 3.4L but think I am only at 700 hp.

But I am happy to hear of your successful experience. :cheers

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
While tuning a GT, it is fairly trivial to look at fuel injector duty cycles along with the shape of of the A/F curves to determine trending data as the car ramps toward redline and then to know if a BaP would be a good idea. There several variables at play here - not the least of which is boost pressures and the Whipple's were all available with various pulley sizes and boost levels. There are some 3.4L Whipples putting out more boost that 4L superchargers as an example.

In our experience when RWHP figures are in the 750 HP area for superchargers or 900 or more for the TT, a BaP might be a very reasonable investment.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
All depends what boost level you are running on your whipple as Kendall and others have said. We run a modest boost level on the 4 ltr and have had exceptionally good luck without a BaP. I do agree though at the higher boost levels, a BaP is likely a necessity.