Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: clear bra

I found goof off to be the best adhesive remover for almost any situation that requires careful removal of adhesive residue over a finished surface. it is a fine balance between effectiveness to remove product residue but not ruin the clear coat when I was doing the lower rocker panels there were quit a bit of adhesive residue I suspect it had film installed at one point, goof off took it off with relative ease. Note: goof off is a solvent and a strong one at that so use with caution test an area first and you definitely don't want that stuff to remain on the finished surface any longer than it has to.

Thanks Gents, will tackle this carefully and ever so slowly, if the stripes starts peeling off with the bra it'll be the last bra I take off

Use a cloths steamer and it will help make the removal much easier and safer for the paint.
    3M adhesive remover is the best thing I have found to remove the residue.

Thanks Venum, just went yesterday and purchased a heat gun and a steamer, never thought I would be shopping Aunt Bee's store for a clothe steamer when I purchased my GT