46 year reunion.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Ok here's a story that I was doubting would ever happen. In 2007 I found a cool old muscle car in a backyard in West Covina, California. It is where the car began it's life on the showroom floor of Russ Davis Ford. It was January of 1968 and was expected to tear up the drag strips on the west coast and it did. Lyons drag strip, Irwindale, Panomma , including the Winter Nationals, Spring Nationals and the March Fuel gas championship.It was one of fifty factory Cobra Jets that were built and one of 18 seam sealer delete lightweight Cobra Jets that were sweeping the competition in it's time. Then the car was sold and new owner blew the engine and let it set for 35 years until I bought it. I brought the car home and washed 35 years of dirt off it. When I did that I uncovered a flat white color between the door handle and where the outside mirror would mount. I immediately went for my compound and by hand started rubbing on the flat spot until I could read the name that had been covered up for 40 years. So that brings me to the heading of this post. I have chased and posted everywhere that anyone would listen. Searching for Phil Glass and after ten years and certified letters I received a call last night from Phil Glass. The best part is that he lives in Salt Lake City Utah and I will be reuniting him with his old car that he has talked about with his friends over the years. So this Rally will be a two part party of a lifetime and is a continuation of my lifes addiction to Special purpose built Fords.
chrrst024.jpgPICT0469_resized.JPG
Please move this or delete if not in proper location. On cloud nine for now until I get my 2018 allocation :biggrin

Attachments

• chrrst024.jpg
    chrrst024.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 311

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Another great story for the ages by Ford GT Forum folks!! Well done!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
That's an exciting story! With an awesome ending! Can't wait to see the finally at Rally 12!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Great story and a great car.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
That's amazing.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
very cool.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
What a neat story!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
i like it!

Ed

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Good story. And meeting up in Utah...Perfect.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
<<<<<I have chased and posted everywhere that anyone would listen>>>>

True enough- Jalopyjournal, foat, cobra jet forums and lots of others. Very cool that you found him!

So we will see the cobra jet at the rally?

Last edited:

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Great post. Cool story.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Help with distributor

The distributor - remember those - on my '72 Pantera will not rotate. I am trying to resurrect the car after who knows how many years, and I got it to start, but it won't run for long and is giving out tremendous backfires, so I know I need some timing adjustment.

Distributor just will not rotate. Have been on Pantera Forum(s), and gotten a lot of good advice, none of which has worked. Have tried every penetrating oil known to man, and a few home-made concoctions to no avail. Due to location in car, it is almost impossible to get any kind of good purchase to exert any force.

It's original distributor in an all original car and I really don't want to destroy and replace.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Take the hold down bolt and wedge piece off. Spray WD-40 and tap the base. It will work it's self down and loosen up. 351 Cleveland should be an easy find

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk