Bendpak RJ-45 Jack Pin

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Scary sounding pop while the GT was on the lift jack, searched for the cause and everything seemed O.K, after closer examination found a broken jack pin bearing sleeve (ball bearings everywhere inside the HD-9 lift rails. Part is on back order form Bendpak, anyone have a spare I may purchase or guide me to where I can resource this part? Thanks.

Jack pin 45.jpg

Pin Bearing.jpg

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
You must have a earlier version than mine. The progression was roller bearing, pinned roller, no roller!

The roller shouldn't take any large forces, only the weight of the unloaded jack. Once the jack is loaded the spring should compress so that the jack's frame is taking the load to the ramps. Therefore for the bearing to break something else might be wrong. I don't know where to get replacement parts other than Bendpak, but you might try to find a suitable sized bearing to use instead, or if you have a lathe just machine a simple non-bearing roller.

As for Bendpak failures I had one of the cable pulley shafts come out when my FGT was up on the lift. I was lucky and manage to massage it back into place. So much for a factory installation!

Last edited:

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Thanks Ice. The roller is not "pinned" to the upside side down U frame shaped portion of the pin, can't figure out a way to remove/replace just the roller without a big hammer :rofl. Yes, I agree with you something else must have gone wrong for this to happen (sure like to figure it out).

Pin U shape 2.jpg